DOE CSGF

intirb

Curious about this as well... waiting to send official letter. 

Although, CSGF has drawbacks: law practicum and, esp, program of study...

Were you offered CSGF this morning too?

I, too, haven't heard back yet. I'm not sure what to think this means. My guess is that the winners have been notified by now and the rest of us are on some sort of wait list and will find out in the next week or later. I'm curious to know how long people have to accept/decline the offer. I would assume a week, or two, or three?

I figure the late notification is a good thing, regardless. We must be close to winning if we haven't been rejected yet, right? Since I haven't started grad school yet I can apply next year too, but I really don't want to reapply!

I agree that there are a lot of us still out there who haven't heard. Still, I could also see them keeping around 20, or even more, people waitlisted if there are 20 winners. But hey, we weren't included in what was at least 2 rounds of rejection emails.

Hi guys,

I'm posting on behalf of my husband, he just got the award call today. He is a first year grad student in Biophysics. It's super frusturating not to hear anything so I just wanted to put it out there that there is still hope, it seems like they are calling awardees slowly. I don't have details about how long he has to accept the offer but I will post when I hear more details.

I, too, haven't heard back yet. I'm not sure what to think this means. My guess is that the winners have been notified by now and the rest of us are on some sort of wait list and will find out in the next week or later. I'm curious to know how long people have to accept/decline the offer. I would assume a week, or two, or three?

I figure the late notification is a good thing, regardless. We must be close to winning if we haven't been rejected yet, right? Since I haven't started grad school yet I can apply next year too, but I really don't want to reapply!

I'm also waiting eagerly to hear back... I emailed the coordinator on Wednesday to update my application and she said, "I am hoping to send out notifications within the next day or two!"

Which sounds like she will tell both the remaining sucessful and unsucessful applicants soon, and not drag it out for weeks. It looks like, however, I'm not going to get a notification before next week.... It's hard to discern whats going on at her end....

I'm also waiting eagerly to hear back... I emailed the coordinator on Wednesday to update my application and she said, "I am hoping to send out notifications within the next day or two!"

Which sounds like she will tell both the remaining sucessful and unsucessful applicants soon, and not drag it out for weeks. It looks like, however, I'm not going to get a notification before next week.... It's hard to discern whats going on at her end....

Did you update your app with new publications or something? I had no idea we were allowed to do that! I guess it gives me another excuse to call :P

Did you update your app with new publications or something? I had no idea we were allowed to do that! I guess it gives me another excuse to call :P

Yeah pub went from 'in preparation for submission' to 'submitted' haha. Also she wanted me to let her know 'asap' if I got any other fellowships, and I got the nsf last week... doesn't seem like it has hurried my decision for the csgf yet though.

Did anyone else have her urging them to tell her about other fellowships? I assume she was asking because of the ndseg but it's hard to get a good read...

She responded to an email I had, and it doesn't sound too bright for us that haven't heard:

"Honestly, this is quite a weird year for us and I am not sure we will be offering anymore fellowships at this point. Although we may be. I know this is a super vague answer and I am so sorry for that. I can't imagine how frustrating this must be for you and for that I feel absolutely terrible."

She responded to an email I had, and it doesn't sound too bright for us that haven't heard:

"Honestly, this is quite a weird year for us and I am not sure we will be offering anymore fellowships at this point. Although we may be. I know this is a super vague answer and I am so sorry for that. I can't imagine how frustrating this must be for you and for that I feel absolutely terrible."

Oh..that sucks, but it's actually a bit relieving to give up..

Oh..that sucks, but it's actually a bit relieving to give up..

That would be true but I don't think that I can lose hope (although I wish I could) until I get the official rejection.

According to last year's thread, rejections came out on April 12, and winners had to accept by April 13. My guess is they're just waiting for all the winners to accept before sending out the final wave of rejections, and all winners accepted a little early.

Since Grey28's husband has to respond by April 26, and given last year's similar timeline, I suspect we'll hear towards the end of the week. Let's see what happens!

Another interesting fact from last year's thread is that two versions of the rejection email went out. One version included the line "We were very impressed with your credentials and saw much promise in your application and we strongly encourage you to reapply next year provided you remain eligible." This was assumed to be some sort of unofficial honorable mention by the posters. There was no mention of any waitlist, but my guess is if there were, these "honorable mention" winners would have been on it.

Yeah pub went from 'in preparation for submission' to 'submitted' haha. Also she wanted me to let her know 'asap' if I got any other fellowships, and I got the nsf last week... doesn't seem like it has hurried my decision for the csgf yet though.

Did anyone else have her urging them to tell her about other fellowships? I assume she was asking because of the ndseg but it's hard to get a good read...

Can I ask what email you sent it to? Csgf@ or directly to Lindsey?

Can I ask what email you sent it to? Csgf@ or directly to Lindsey?

Originally I sent it to csgf@ but Lindsey responded from her email, and then proceeded from there.