MPH CANADA FALL 2013 APPLICANTS

mazylexsymi

Sorry about that. I was also Rejected from SFU- Global Health. Did you apply to any other university?

I already got acceptance from Usask. Waiting from Alberta..

wat abt u?

bt SFU was my priority

Hi! Dentist2013, docgill and those international applicants who applied to U of Sask .. My online status also shows dept recommend.. On 5 th April I received an email from department confirming my recommendation to CGSR who'll be sending the official acceptance.. Those who received acceptance.. Was it from CGSR or the email from department...?

I got mail from CGSR regarding acceptance.

Is there anyone who got accepted to U of T's Health Promotion MPH that will be rejecting the offer?  I am on the wait list, and feel like most people who get into U of T are likely accepting?

I was accepted and am likely declining because I got a great offer from SFU - I am still deciding, but very likely to head out West because they have a much more international focus in their MPH.  I am waiting for my letter in the mail.

Edited by E_gradforum

For those who are wondering about U of T's upcoming open house, there is an option to contact the host of the event on the event website here:

http://www.eventbrite.ca/event/5934948591#

Couldn't hurt to ask if you're interested in attending to see if you can be invited in spite of your applications still being waitlisted?

Edited by ohhellothere

I was accepted and am likely declining because I got a great offer from SFU - I am still deciding, but very likely to head out West because they have a much more international focus in their MPH.  I am waiting for my letter in the mail.

Hi there, thanks for letting me know!  Yes, one of my friends last year got into both U of T and SFU, and ended up going to SFU because they gave her money (always a deciding factor!) and U of T actually told her she might be happier at another school that had more global health connections?  She was pretty confused about it .. I still don't know why they told her that lol.  They said she had a lot of 'undergrad prep' (she had done 2 research assignments, 1 in India and 1 in Africa re: maternal health), and they said that their Global Health department is still growing..

I already got acceptance from Usask. Waiting from Alberta..

wat abt u?

bt SFU was my priority

Congrats to you on U of S. I applied to 3 schools too. Got rejected from UNBC and SFU (Last and Top pick respectively), still waiting on Uvic (middle pick).

Hi everyone,

I've been lurking for a while on this thread and thought I'd pipe in. I was rejected from Waterloo late last week via email (and my status was also updated on Quest), and just got the admission email this afternoon from UVic! My status on their website still says 'file forwarded to department', as it has since probably mid last week, and my deadline to accept is Apr 19th. I'm still waiting to hear back from UofA (health promotion online program) and Lakehead. 

Does anyone have friends or connections already in the UVic MPH program that I could possibly email and ask a few questions? I applied to the Social Policy stream with Indigenous Health as my second choice. I'm wondering how difficult it would be to change concentrations after starting. . . as I'm tempted to go with Indigenous Health now. . . 

Hi everyone,

I've been lurking for a while on this thread and thought I'd pipe in. I was rejected from Waterloo late last week via email (and my status was also updated on Quest), and just got the admission email this afternoon from UVic! My status on their website still says 'file forwarded to department', as it has since probably mid last week, and my deadline to accept is Apr 19th. I'm still waiting to hear back from UofA (health promotion online program) and Lakehead. 

Does anyone have friends or connections already in the UVic MPH program that I could possibly email and ask a few questions? I applied to the Social Policy stream with Indigenous Health as my second choice. I'm wondering how difficult it would be to change concentrations after starting. . . as I'm tempted to go with Indigenous Health now. . . 

Congrats on getting accepted! I also applied to Waterloo and Uvic, and got rejected from Waterloo last week. I was wondering if you don't mind posting your stats, to see if I still have hope for Uvic lol

Hi everyone,

Congrats to you Becks on your admission to Uvic. I am still waiting on their decision. My online status still says forwarded: interim review. I dont understand the whole process at all. Looks like they dont make their decision at once. Please do you have an idea of their class size for MPH program?

I got my USask offer on Feb 12th and the official acceptance was from CGSR

Congratulations chichi13 and docgill... I hope mine arrives soon so I can begin the visa procedure:)... They send it by email right?

Hello everyone,

I just found this forum!  I have been accepted into the UVic MPH program (first choice - social policy, second choice - indigenous people's health).  Anyone else attending UVic?

I have a BSc in Microbiology, an MSc in Biochemistry and I am on the board of a charity/NGO that implements public health education in Uganda.  

I have a few questions for those who are attending UVic... are you planning on working full time during the degree?  Are you in the full time or part time degree option?   I was working in a temp position (maternity leave) instructing for the past year and it is finishing in another month.  I am unsure of what employment to pursue now and how heavy the school work load will be.  Does anyone have any insight?

Hello everyone,

I just found this forum!  I have been accepted into the UVic MPH program (first choice - social policy, second choice - indigenous people's health).  Anyone else attending UVic?

I have a BSc in Microbiology, an MSc in Biochemistry and I am on the board of a charity/NGO that implements public health education in Uganda.  

I have a few questions for those who are attending UVic... are you planning on working full time during the degree?  Are you in the full time or part time degree option?   I was working in a temp position (maternity leave) instructing for the past year and it is finishing in another month.  I am unsure of what employment to pursue now and how heavy the school work load will be.  Does anyone have any insight?

Congrats to you. Still waiting on Uvic. I wish I would just get may acceptance tomorrow...Ur chance of working full time depends on your status. If you are an international student, you cannot work off-campus until u are 6months old in your program. After the 6 months, you may now work off-campus but you cannot work more than 20 hours in a week, until you graduate.

Hi Bee87, I may be attending UVic depending on whether I am accepted into UofA or Lakehead. I hope to hear from them before the UVic deadline of Apr 19th. If I decide on UVic, I will be doing the part time program and plan to start with one course per semester and see how that goes. I don't work, but do have two young school aged kids and a household to run, plus I do various volunteer activities at their school and elsewhere. I didn't get an answer from UVic, but I had asked the other schools what the workload would be, and was told average time spent would be between 12 and 20 hours per week per course, obviously depending on a number of factors.

Congratulations chichi13 and docgill... I hope mine arrives soon so I can begin the visa procedure:)... They send it by email right?

You will get an email and also by post. :)

Is there anyone who got accepted to U of T's Health Promotion MPH that will be rejecting the offer?  I am on the wait list, and feel like most people who get into U of T are likely accepting?

I personally will be accepting, but I know a girl in one of my classes who plans on rejecting and going to Queens.

Has anyone received an official email from U of T (Health Promotion) indicating that they are waitlisted?

I know that I'm waitlisted only because I personally emailed the Program Director and she responded and told me.. But she also said that I would be receiving an email 'early this week' with further details.. And it's now Wednesday and no email yet...

For those of you who applied to McGill, I just got my rejection email today. Although it was not my first choice, I am a bit disappointed :(

Which program did you apply to? :( I was also refused, for MPH, but did not receive an email. I found out through the website.