MPH CANADA FALL 2013 APPLICANTS

mazylexsymi

thank you @machiatto. i spoke to prof. lombardo but she couldn't really provide any specific insight into my application which sucks cuz i really have no idea where i went wrong! my supervisor at my public health research lab is on the board/i think she is chair of admissions for Epi at Mcgill and she read over my personal statement and told me it was really good so i'm SUPER confused. 

GAH. well there isn't much i can do except wait it out. i don't come from a health background so that might've played into it as well (i don't have as much experience and my degree wasn't health-related either). 

Well, here s the end f waiting for me.. Applied to SFU, Alberta, Sask and UoT. Got acceptance only from Sask. Rejected in other three.

Can anyone put some light about MPH program at Sask?? That was my last preferences and also I wasn't much interested. 

Congratulations , i applied to Guelph too and after receiving all my document they send me E-mail last week stating that they are interested to prepare an offer but they are  requesting Master transcript from my university(Cairo-Egypt), unfortunatelly the university doesnt have the grades in system they offered to give me transcripts with just passing grades (60 or 70%) , do you know why they need this transcript now ?? this means that they still in the process of evaluating,or they needed to complete my paper work I did a certificate on emerging infectious diseases epidemiology from university of IOWA,USA with 4 GPA + 14 yaers experience in zoonotic diseases,outbreak response.

I am really frustrated ???

Thanks! I think they want the last two years (4 semesters) of schooling you have completed. I would definitely get in touch with the secretary for the program to clarify more details. Her name is Rebecca Knaggs and her email is rknaggs@uoguelph.ca

Morning all.

I received a rejection letter from U of T Health promotion yesterday via snail mail. :( But hearing about everyone's stats, man oh man! you all are wicked accomplished!! :) Keep applying, you will get there.

QUESTION for you all though: Does anyone know of Public Health/Health Promotion certificate or diplomas  (preferably online) I can look into in the mean time? I've been researching but not sure - maybe someone here has completed one?

Best of luck to everyone still in the waiting game - I've got my fingers crossed for you :)

This is a health promotion certificate program I was looking into. It's at Centennial College in the greater Toronto area. It isn't online, but its the only one I've found so far.....

http://www.centennialcollege.ca/Programs/ProgramOverview.aspx?Program=1213

Has anybody that's been waitlisted at UofT for Epi heard anything? Acceptances or rejections? 

Nope, I haven't heard anything. And I really don't expect to hear anything until the month of May since that is what they said.

Hi - Have you been accepted into the Waterloo MPH Program? I have been wait listed and trying to guage how many applicants are on a wait list with myself.

Hi sorry i didnt see that you responded to my comment, yeah i've been waitlisted as well

Does anyone have an update in reagrds to McMaster's HRM Program? I emailed the coordinator to inquire when we are to hear a response and did not receive an email back.

If you call Lorraine Carroll she may be able to help you. Calling I think is the best means of communication :)

Does anyone have an update in reagrds to McMaster's HRM Program? I emailed the coordinator to inquire when we are to hear a response and did not receive an email back.

Hi PubHealth

If you hear from them or get in touch with them, can you please let me know too ! I am also getting very anxious about the wait!

I haven't heard anything back from U of T Health Promotion! Gettin pretty anxious now that it's a rejection :( . How many are waiting to hear back from McMaster for their MSc in Global Health? Does anyone know when we should expect them to get back to us?

Thanks guys!

I haven't heard anything back from U of T Health Promotion! Gettin pretty anxious now that it's a rejection :( . How many are waiting to hear back from McMaster for their MSc in Global Health? Does anyone know when we should expect them to get back to us?

Thanks guys!

I emailed them and they said offers will be sent out mid-May

Just checked and it says:

Admission Decision: Quota filled

Your application for admission has been carefully considered. We regret to inform you that we are unable to offer you admission.

Thanks guys!

I applied to McMaster for the MSc Global Health as well ! And we are supposed to hear back from them in May I believe 

I'm sorry to hear that. Don't worry I'm sure Lakehead will have better news!

Thank you! I did get accepted to Uvic but I like Lakehead for their elective courses. There are pros and cons with each, but would love to know, and they are taking their time.

Thank you! I did get accepted to Uvic but I like Lakehead for their elective courses. There are pros and cons with each, but would love to know, and they are taking their time.

Yeaa agreed! I got into U of S as well but I'm just waiting on Lakehead as well... Lakehead is my first choice just because of its distance education program and yess they are taking FOREVER!! :(