MPH CANADA FALL 2013 APPLICANTS

mazylexsymi

hi there!  I was also wait listed at U of T (Health Promotion).  I found out last week as well.  I was wondering if they told you where you stand on the wait list?  They told me that there are "at least 15 people ranked ahead of me on the wait list" ... but I have a feeling they told this to everyone! So just curious.. Thanks! :)

They also sent me the email saying there are "at least 15 people" ahead of me.. I guess they are just sending the same email to everyone who isn't in the top 15! 

Try not to worry! It's cruel that they're keeping so many people waiting so long to find out their status, as they said we would have them "as soon as March 15th"...  <_<

And they sent me an email before they changed my status. You should call/email and ask about your status. You might be wait listed. Best of luck!  :)

Thanks, kindly!  :) ...

Dear All, I received an E-mail from Guelph requesting my master degree transcript to be able to provide an offer letter after evaluating the master transcripts , although they mentioned a month ago that they have all required documents to decide ??

My university in Egypt doesnot provide master transcript ,they just can issue a letter saying that i have passed the required pre-master courses without grades or marks???? the graduate office said that we still have a plenty of time to submit the required documents althought they shoud took all acceptance decesions ????I am confused ??

Master degree wasnot a requirement for entery ??

What do you think ???

Am I going to loose my chance ???

please advise

Dear All, I received an E-mail from Guelph requesting my master degree transcript to be able to provide an offer letter after evaluating the master transcripts , although they mentioned a month ago that they have all required documents to decide ?? My university in Egypt doesnot provide master transcript ,they just can issue a letter saying that i have passed the required pre-master courses without grades or marks???? the graduate office said that we still have a plenty of time to submit the required documents althought they shoud took all acceptance decesions ????I am confused ?? Master degree wasnot a requirement for entery ?? What do you think ??? Am I going to loose my chance ??? please advise
Send them the letter you have and any other thing that had your grades. Do u have an online system that shows your courses and grades? Fax or email that if you do.

I emailed Lakehead, and they said there is no specific date they will notify everyone by, but the first round of admission offers have been made. They will notify applicants via their personal and Lakehead email addresses. Good luck to those still waiting!

Got a rejection letter in the mail today from U of T (health promotion).

Stats: 3.8 GPA, worked in public health research lab (family medicine) for 2 years. One lit review on route to being published. Also work in another psyc lab. Travelled to the dominican to do public health work. worked at a sexual assault centre as well (held leadership/advocacy roles here ). 

Pretty bummed and don't get it. 

Stats: 3.8 GPA, worked in public health research lab (family medicine) for 2 years. One lit review on route to being published. Also work in another psyc lab. Travelled to the dominican to do public health work. worked at a sexual assault centre as well (held leadership/advocacy roles here ). 

Wow, those are great stats! Wonder what they were looking for??? Did you apply to other programs as well? Best wishes moving forward... 

Wow, those are great stats! Wonder what they were looking for??? Did you apply to other programs as well? Best wishes moving forward... 

i'm not sure! i don't get it at all :( talked a lot about social determinants of health as well in my letter. i applied to other programs and haven't heard anything yet so i guess we'll see. 

thanks for the support i really appreciate it. 

Hey Guys, 

Sorry to hear that UTH 90. Does anyone know if U of T has sent out all of their first round acceptances for the health promotion stream? Are we just waiting for rejections now? and are they sent by snail mail or email as well?

i'm not sure! i don't get it at all :( talked a lot about social determinants of health as well in my letter. i applied to other programs and haven't heard anything yet so i guess we'll see. 

thanks for the support i really appreciate it. 

No problem sn6666; I am getting lots of support myself on this site...and venting space, too! Looks like I am not the only one still waiting- I applied only to SFU, called them today, and I was given an email to write to if I don't hear anything in 48 hours. Honestly speaking, I do not have much hope now, because many have already known their fate...why would they wait till the end to inform a successful applicant? Just a gut feeling... My dream lives on, anyhow  :)...

Hang in there!

Edited by UTH90

Those ARE really great stats !  Really sorry to hear that .. I don't get it either

Where else did you apply?

Edited by Carolyn_958

Hey Guys, 

Sorry to hear that UTH 90. Does anyone know if U of T has sent out all of their first round acceptances for the health promotion stream? Are we just waiting for rejections now? and are they sent by snail mail or email as well?

I'm almost positive that U of T has sent out their 1st round of acceptances already for Health Promotion.. I believe the 2nd round of acceptances will go out in mid-April (so anytime now) ... and I believe most people who have been wait listed have been notified as well.

And acceptances from U of T come first by email, and then followed up with an official letter snail-mail-style.

I've been put on the wait list, so I don't know all of this from experience or anything, just cause I asked a lot of questions to the Grad Coordinator once I applied ! :)

I'm almost positive that U of T has sent out their 1st round of acceptances already for Health Promotion.. I believe the 2nd round of acceptances will go out in mid-April (so anytime now) ... and I believe most people who have been wait listed have been notified as well.

And acceptances from U of T come first by email, and then followed up with an official letter snail-mail-style.

I've been put on the wait list, so I don't know all of this from experience or anything, just cause I asked a lot of questions to the Grad Coordinator once I applied ! :)

Do you know if rejections are first sent my email or are those sent by mail only?

Although I applied to Epi at UofT, those stats are really good. I am surprised that you were not at least put on the waitlist.

Edited by falcon5

Thanks everyone - yeah i'm not sure :( i guess it was a really competitive pool. i don't want to list all the schools i applied to just because i don't want to jinx it, but as i start hearing i will definitely keep y'all posted. i'm pretty sure rejections are sent by mail (postal service) because when i emailed to ask about my status they told me i was still being considered (this is u of t) and then my mom got the letter in the mail (thankfully she told me the news AFTER my exam today..phew!). 

I think the rejections and the form the response is given depend on the school.

I was notified of my Waterloo rejection by email and the change in status online. I did not get an official letter in the mail and I was rejected April 2nd. 

I received a rejection from UofT Health Promotion today too. The letter was dated April 11.

I think UofT only sends rejections in the mail whereas Waterloo is all electronic.

Wow you sound very accomplished! I'm surprised you didn't get in. I got accepted with a 3.8 GPA, in a Health Promotion undergraduate degree and other stats as well but I feel like yours are just as, if not more applicable than mine. This makes me think that they really must rely on the LOI... but I'm still shocked.

I was accepted to Guelph's MPH, and I am very happy as I only applied to Guelph! I have to respond by April 29th, so I'm assuming they will send out second rounds then.

I'm a biomed major with a minor in psyc and I am graduating this semester. I just barely made the B+ average and but I have lots of volunteer experience (HIV/AIDS, get swabbed campaign, tobacco awareness, alcohol educator, peer helper, brain day, etc etc). I also have research experience in the population medicine department at Guelph and spent the past two years as a doctor's assistant part time. So, there is hope for people with not the greatest averages to get in!

Good luck and hopefully see you in the fall!

Congratulations , i applied to Guelph too and after receiving all my document they send me E-mail last week stating that they are interested to prepare an offer but they are  requesting Master transcript from my university(Cairo-Egypt), unfortunatelly the university doesnt have the grades in system they offered to give me transcripts with just passing grades (60 or 70%) , do you know why they need this transcript now ?? this means that they still in the process of evaluating,or they needed to complete my paper work I did a certificate on emerging infectious diseases epidemiology from university of IOWA,USA with 4 GPA + 14 yaers experience in zoonotic diseases,outbreak response.

I am really frustrated ???

Morning all.

I received a rejection letter from U of T Health promotion yesterday via snail mail. :( But hearing about everyone's stats, man oh man! you all are wicked accomplished!! :) Keep applying, you will get there.

QUESTION for you all though: Does anyone know of Public Health/Health Promotion certificate or diplomas  (preferably online) I can look into in the mean time? I've been researching but not sure - maybe someone here has completed one?

Best of luck to everyone still in the waiting game - I've got my fingers crossed for you :)

Wow you sound very accomplished! I'm surprised you didn't get in. I got accepted with a 3.8 GPA, in a Health Promotion undergraduate degree and other stats as well but I feel like yours are just as, if not more applicable than mine. This makes me think that they really must rely on the LOI... but I'm still shocked.

Thank you - I will def PM you if I decide to re-apply in the next cycle! I called Prof. Lombardo and she told me she can't go into individual files and explain where we went wrong, but she said the Letter is the most important thing, and often people say the same things over and over so you need to really make your letter stand out. I really don't think there's anything else I could've done better. Will just have to wait and see what else happens! 

Thank you all for your support and encouragement. It's really nice to feel the love during this stressful time (rejections amongst finals SUCKS). 

Congratulations , i applied to Guelph too and after receiving all my document they send me E-mail last week stating that they are interested to prepare an offer but they are  requesting Master transcript from my university(Cairo-Egypt), unfortunatelly the university doesnt have the grades in system they offered to give me transcripts with just passing grades (60 or 70%) , do you know why they need this transcript now ?? this means that they still in the process of evaluating,or they needed to complete my paper work I did a certificate on emerging infectious diseases epidemiology from university of IOWA,USA with 4 GPA + 14 yaers experience in zoonotic diseases,outbreak response.

I am really frustrated ???

you should call guelph and ask them. they will be able to provide you with the info related to your situation best.