MPH CANADA FALL 2013 APPLICANTS

mazylexsymi

Thanks! I am throwing everything out there..  :lol:   Wow, I "feel" you on that waiting game...Hang in there, and all the best!

Thank you. But for January 2014, try and diversify your portfolio. Apply to at least 2 more schools, aside SFU! :)

Thank you. But for January 2014, try and diversify your portfolio. Apply to at least 2 more schools, aside SFU! :)

Sure, will apply to a number of programs this time around, and I am not sticking to Jan. 14 only either, will be looking at next fall as well! Thanks, Cima, I appreciate ...

hello everyone! im an International Medical Graduate from Bangladesh. jst completed my graduation and internship training. I want to get in to a MPH program in Canada. I hav my eyes on uni of alberta and UBC. Well I knw that I need a GPA of 3 or above and a English proficiency test like IELTS. bt im not sure about whthr I need GRE or GMAT. Pls can anyone help me about that? Like if anyone hav applied there..let me knw about the admission requirements pls. thanks!

hello everyone! im an International Medical Graduate from Bangladesh. jst completed my graduation and internship training. I want to get in to a MPH program in Canada. I hav my eyes on uni of alberta and UBC. Well I knw that I need a GPA of 3 or above and a English proficiency test like IELTS. bt im not sure about whthr I need GRE or GMAT. Pls can anyone help me about that? Like if anyone hav applied there..let me knw about the admission requirements pls. thanks!

hey Dr.rab, 

GRE s required for UBC and Toronto for international applicants and recommended (not required) by Alberta. However, it is good to go for GRE as an international applicant. You need to work on your profile to get into these programs. MPH programs are quite competitive.

Any other queries.. feel free to contact.

Do you have a list of MPH programs that have January entrance?

Thanks!

Do you have a list of MPH programs that have January entrance?

Thanks!

Hello S24

Unfortunately, I haven't seen any MPH program starting in January. But there are other health related programs starting in January, such as Pharmacology. U can check out Msc Public Health at SFU, (its different from their MPH program), I think it has January entrance.

UofT Epid friends who are still "under review" and hasn't received word from the school yet:

I feel like they're gonna send out offers this week :o

I know for health promo I haven't even received my official letter in the mail yet. So if Epi is the same situation, I don't know about wait list offers going out this week because 1st round people haven't had the chance to accept yet. Probably a few will accept/reject right away because the official letters SHOULD be coming this week, so maybe a few offers will go out :)

Good luck!

Has anyone heard back from Lakehead, or had their status changed on Myinfo?? And anyone who still has to hear from Usask?

Hey! I still need to hear from U of Sask. I got recommended by the department. I called CGSR last week and she said that she is behind in sending out official letters but should be able to send them out by this week.

Hey! I still need to hear from U of Sask. I got recommended by the department. I called CGSR last week and she said that she is behind in sending out official letters but should be able to send them out by this week.

My status of Usask still says 'complete ready for review', so I haven't heard from them at all.

Has anyone heard back from Lakehead, or had their status changed on Myinfo?? And anyone who still has to hear from Usask?

Still nothing from Lakehead. I contacted them about a week ago saying I had to respond to another offer by last Fri and they didn't give me any info apart from the fact they have no deadline to respond to applicants and they will send an email to personal and Lakehead email addresses when they do.

very true! I was just looking at the posts made by people from past few years and it seems the majority of people were contacted by admin by the end of april

I will keep an eye out for the mail and let you know if I receive anything.

I just got accepted to usask through email, and they said that the official letter was in the mail. I will most likely accept the offer. 

Me too!! So excited. I will be accepting the offer so perhaps I will see you in August!

Me too!! So excited. I will be accepting the offer so perhaps I will see you in August!

are you out of province? if so let me know what you're doing with the residence stuff. 

Hi everyone,

Just curious if anyone has heard from Western's Epi program or McMaster HRM program? 

I saw on the results section, someone has been accepted into Western's Epi program! I am getting SO anxious! 

Can anyone weigh in on the benefits of an MSc in epidemiology versus an MPH? I applied to both programs at Queens, and got accepted. The deadline to offer epidemiology was tomorrow but since they told me on April 17, they have agreed to an extension. I understand that they're different paths, one obviously research oriented and en route to PhD but if anyone has any personal experiences relating to this or if they are in the programs, I would really appreciate if you could share. Thank you so much!