MPH CANADA FALL 2013 APPLICANTS

mazylexsymi

For those waiting to hear from U of T, I simply emailed the school today and they got back to me regarding my status. I am currently on the waitlist however they will provide the official rejection/acceptance mid May.

Hey, thanks for the information! 

I was wondering what your status was on their website? and what stream did you apply for?

For those waiting to hear from U of T, I simply emailed the school today and they got back to me regarding my status. I am currently on the waitlist however they will provide the official rejection/acceptance mid May.

thanks for the update! Who did you email regarding your status?

What does your online status say? Decision made or under review before finding out this decision?

Thoughts on UAlberta vs. USask for MPH in Epi? I like that UAlberta offers a specialization route, but looking at the courses, I like that USask has really good choices for Epi electives and a variety too. Anyone else waiting to hear back from UAlberta?? The wait is making me anxious to the max :( Congrats to all that have been accepted

I think Ualberta are an unserious bunch. I emailed the admissions office, and Felicity Hey replied yesterday that they'll make a decision my end of April/May. That's like 5months to wait for a decision? I applied January. Meanwhile some persons on this forum have received news on their application.

I'll just wait for SFU/Usask

I think Ualberta are an unserious bunch. I emailed the admissions office, and Felicity Hey replied yesterday that they'll make a decision my end of April/May. That's like 5months to wait for a decision? I applied January. Meanwhile some persons on this forum have received news on their application.

I'll just wait for SFU/Usask

And that is not good, because that would be too late for an International student like you, because of VISA application. Seeing that you are from my country. :) Am also waiting on SFU and UVIC. Someone in this forum has heard from UVIC today, so am so unsettled, can't think straight anymore. lol sooo anxious. Fingers and toes crossed. :ph34r:

And that is not good, because that would be too late for an International student like you, because of VISA application. Seeing that you are from my country. :) Am also waiting on SFU and UVIC. Someone in this forum has heard from UVIC today, so am so unsettled, can't think straight anymore. lol sooo anxious. Fingers and toes crossed. :ph34r:

Lol me too!! Ive been checking the application every 5 mins!!!

Yea Cima, you're absolutely correct. It takes an estimated 4-6months to procure a study permit in our country. Ualberta should realise that. And to think that some persons have gotten em decisions. Only reason I considered ualberta is cos their SPH school is accredited by CEPH, else, I'm not about to go live in -46 degrees winter. Do u know they actually lost my reference letters? I had to resend another...disgusting

Yea Cima, you're absolutely correct. It takes an estimated 4-6months to procure a study permit in our country. Ualberta should realise that. And to think that some persons have gotten em decisions. Only reason I considered ualberta is cos their SPH school is accredited by CEPH, else, I'm not about to go live in -46 degrees winter. Do u know they actually lost my reference l :ph34r:etters? I had to resend another...disgusting

Wow. Sorry for the stress. Actually only SFU and one other french University in Montreal are accredited by CEPH in Canada. Else Ualberta just got theirs this year. And lol, Alberta in not -46 degrees. Actually it is Saskatchewan, Manitoba and Quebec that has that kind of temperature during the winter, at least that was the case in this my first winter experience in Canada. It wasn't as cold as i thought it will be. Edmonton's weather this winter was almost the same with the weather at Northern BC were I stay. Well, lets keep praying and waiting on SFU admission decision. :ph34r:

hey there ! was this for MPH Epi , or Health Promotion ?

also no worries, I know of two people last hear who were on the waitlist and ended up getting accepted :)

and by that i don't mean that only 2 people from the waitlist got accepted! haha just the 2 people I happen to know who were waitlisted ended up getting accepted.

Edited by Carolyn_958

I think Ualberta are an unserious bunch. I emailed the admissions office, and Felicity Hey replied yesterday that they'll make a decision my end of April/May. That's like 5months to wait for a decision? I applied January. Meanwhile some persons on this forum have received news on their application. I'll just wait for SFU/Usask
I think Ualberta are an unserious bunch. I emailed the admissions office, and Felicity Hey replied yesterday that they'll make a decision my end of April/May. That's like 5months to wait for a decision? I applied January. Meanwhile some persons on this forum have received news on their application. I'll just wait for SFU/Usask
What program did you apply for ?? Like what specialization?

Does anyone know Lakehead's MPH admission process?  Although I had all of my completed application documents in before the Feb 1, 2013 deadline, they did not officially receive my transcripts because of an administration error until the end of February.  I know someone who was "admitted" before they even officially had my transcripts and proof of graduation. No my status sits at "application under review".  Getting antsy and just want to hear either way.

Whom did u mail? can u provide with the e-mail Id....

Does anyone know Lakehead's MPH admission process?  Although I had all of my completed application documents in before the Feb 1, 2013 deadline, they did not officially receive my transcripts because of an administration error until the end of February.  I know someone who was "admitted" before they even officially had my transcripts and proof of graduation. No my status sits at "application under review".  Getting antsy and just want to hear either way.

Hey,

If you had uploaded an "unofficial" trasncript, this is what the committee will look at first. This is what I was told by the grad office. I believe they can make decisions based on your unofficial marks, and once they have received the official transcript then they can process your app and offer you admission. I don't think you should be too woried about the timeline because Lakehead does do rolling admissions. Although they say the deadline is Feb 1st, they still take applications after this date. Only thing is that you may not be considered for funding/entrance scholarship.

Also, my official offer letter from Lakehead came yesterday. After about a month of receiving recommendation from the committee. Hope this helps.

Hey,

If you had uploaded an "unofficial" trasncript, this is what the committee will look at first. This is what I was told by the grad office. I believe they can make decisions based on your unofficial marks, and once they have received the official transcript then they can process your app and offer you admission. I don't think you should be too woried about the timeline because Lakehead does do rolling admissions. Although they say the deadline is Feb 1st, they still take applications after this date. Only thing is that you may not be considered for funding/entrance scholarship.

Also, my official offer letter from Lakehead came yesterday. After about a month of receiving recommendation from the committee. Hope this helps.

Thank you for your reply.   I did not have an unofficial transcript to upIoad as I had finished my other 2 degrees >10 years ago.  I did know they did rolling admissions and I'm trying not to worry but its just one of those things as the days go by.  Congrats on getting accepted!

Wow. Sorry for the stress. Actually only SFU and one other french University in Montreal are accredited by CEPH in Canada. Else Ualberta just got theirs this year. And lol, Alberta in not -46 degrees. Actually it is Saskatchewan, Manitoba and Quebec that has that kind of temperature during the winter, at least that was the case in this my first winter experience in Canada. It wasn't as cold as i thought it will be. Edmonton's weather this winter was almost the same with the weather at Northern BC were I stay. Well, lets keep praying and waiting on SFU admission decision. :ph34r:

The school of pub health @ UofAlberta is accredited by cePH (starting from last year ending I think), Quebec universidad du montreal (something like that, I'm not french) and the MPH program @SFU are also accredited by CEPH. I don't know much about the weather, buh I know Vancouver/burnaby isn't as cold as alberta province. And the MPH @ SFU is quite interesting (they have both practicum and thesis modules for the MPH, which is beautiful) plus vancouver against Alberta is an odd match. So SfU vs UofA, I'll know what to do in a second of getting both acceptance. Sent u a msg Cima

I applied for MPH epidemiology at U of Alberta, SFU (population health), U of Saskatchewan (MPH)
Great :) We applied to the same programs. But I only applied to UAlberta and Usask. Goodluckkk :) In your opinion, which do u prefer better -> the USask or UAlberta?

Accepted University of Alberta Health Promotion!
congrats!!!! Hopefully I hear back from them soon too. I applied for Epidemiology though. My friend is in the program now and she said health promotion has the greatest number of students in the School of Public Health.

congrats!!!! Hopefully I hear back from them soon too. I applied for Epidemiology though. My friend is in the program now and she said health promotion has the greatest number of students in the School of Public Health.

Thanks! How does your friend like the program? Any idea what job prospects are like after graduation? (Not necessarily specific to Alberta grads, but in general?)

Accepted, U of S MPH 

Congrats! :) Did your status change on your application? Mine says "dept recommend" but I haven't heard anything yet so am getting anxious!