Sending Emails

vern23

So haven't heard from any of the 10 schools and i know like 6 of them have at least started contacting. I really want to write and just politely ask what my status is, but is it too soon? Should I wait longer or is it acceptable to ask now (most schools had a Jan 15th deadline)?

I lost my patience a couple of weeks back.. mailed all of them. It was only then that 3 schools informed me about my rejection. :| On the bright side, one school told me that they were still looking for funds for me. So if you cannot hold it out for a bit longer, go ahead and email them!

i'm gonna wait at least 1 more week.

things should certainly pick up in march!

I have the same plan. I'm sooooo tempted to send a mail across. But I'll wait another week at the least. It appears some uni's notify Intl applicants at a later date or so says my latest self pacification mantra.

I emailed two of the four schools I applied to since one of them has started sending decisions while the other one said to expect results within two-three weeks of submission and the third week is over....

Waiting...

Waiting.....

Waiting......

I am trying to stay sane and think positive! :D

It's also anthropology :) Among the slowest fields to notify, acc to the Results Search.

There aren't many I/O psychology results in the search, but those of last year were pretty late, notification-wise...There's even one after the April 15th deadline!! :o

So I guess its gonna be a long wait ahead....

STILL!! :(

I sent an email to the admissions dept on Friday 2/27 just to find out if decisions have been made in the department of my choice. I got a form email back explaining that a final decision hasn't been made. so, I am still waiting and won't attempt to contact them again.

I am still waiting and won't attempt to contact them again.

That's the only thing stopping me from calling and asking about my status right away. It's the only card I feel I have as an applicant, and I don't want to lay this solitary solace on the table too soon. Though if I don't hear anything by this Friday, I'll probably give it a shot.

I'm thinking of doing the same thing, waiting til Friday. I was hoping to visit places during my spring break though, and since that's next week it looks like I'll have to miss some days of classes if I get accepted anywhere worth visiting at all :(

I'm mostly just scared to email and find out I've been rejected....