HGSE Fall 2013

Coloradogirl

What do y'all mean by "status"? That thing with the checkmarks?

No. They're referring to the text following the last backslash in the URL.

EDIT: Mine just switched back to "index" after being "status" throughout the day.

Edited by CQE

Umm okay. Well I feel bad using you guys. I just keep checking here and figure that's how I'll know when to go try to figure out the hgse site haha

No. They're referring to the text following the last backslash in the URL.

EDIT: Mine just switched back to "index" after being "status" throughout the day.

Mine just switched back to index too. Weird! What is going on? I guess admissions could have been working late... I wish I had started looking at that website earlier in the season. I mean, at some point, they actually have to tell us. And it does have to be soon. Does anyone know when the Higher Ed visit day would be? Last year, it was one of the first at the end of March. I can't imagine that they would give us a decision less than three weeks before that day.

Hmm mine still says status.  This probably means nothing haha.  Grrr I just wish they'd let us know.  A) so I can figure out if I have to book a trip to Massachusetts in the next few weeks.  B) So I can look at housing for Vanderbilt  C) So I would stop having a heart attack every time I get an email from Bed, Bath, and Beyond.  

Not sure what's worse:

Waiting for HGSE or that damn "fishy, fishayyyy" McDonald's commercial.

HOLY HELL. CAN IT STOP?!

Edited by CQE

Fishy Fishayyy. By a mile. That ad agency should be brutally murdered  :ph34r:  (Yes, I'm taking a dark turn there. But seriously)

I'm a fan of your sinister mind, Brosef.

Edited by CQE

I'm back to index too. I really think it depends on how you access the app. All day I've had the status page, so I logged back in and entered the page through admissions' link and got the index page. I'm not going to read too much into it.

On a slightly OT note, just when I gave up on Harvard for the night, I got an email from TC to check my app status at 8:30pm. No rest for the weary, eh grad schools?

just when I think I've reached my limit for how grateful I am to GradCafers for getting through this process together, you guys come and up the bar with your hatred of Fishy Fishaaay. Praise you.

;)

Hmm mine still says status.  This probably means nothing haha.  Grrr I just wish they'd let us know.  A) so I can figure out if I have to book a trip to Massachusetts in the next few weeks.   B) So I can look at housing for Vanderbilt  C) So I would stop having a heart attack every time I get an email from Bed, Bath, and Beyond.  

I currently go to Vanderbilt so if you have any questions about housing let me know!!

I'm back to index too. I really think it depends on how you access the app. All day I've had the status page, so I logged back in and entered the page through admissions' link and got the index page. I'm not going to read too much into it.

On a slightly OT note, just when I gave up on Harvard for the night, I got an email from TC to check my app status at 8:30pm. No rest for the weary, eh grad schools?

I concur about the access route. Although at first I thought it had to do with whether or not I'd already logged in since opening the browser but debunked that pretty quickly. Then I thought it had to do with the browser type but debunked that too. And then I gave up because the crazy was getting to me. 

Crazy crazayyyy! (to the tune of fishy fishayyyy)

I currently go to Vanderbilt so if you have any questions about housing let me know!!

Oh good to know!! I may have to pick your brain once I know for sure if I'm going there.  I love the school and the program. 

Also, I did not get anything from TC so I'm thinking I am rejected there.  :(  I don't care so much about that.  I just figure that if I get rejected from both Stanford and Columbia, my chances at Harvard are teeny.   Tis OK.  At least I'm in somewhere!!  And somewhere great.  Staying optimistic.  

Oh good to know!! I may have to pick your brain once I know for sure if I'm going there. I love the school and the program.

Also, I did not get anything from TC so I'm thinking I am rejected there. :( I don't care so much about that. I just figure that if I get rejected from both Stanford and Columbia, my chances at Harvard are teeny. Tis OK. At least I'm in somewhere!! And somewhere great. Staying optimistic.

Yeah for optimism. You seem like a fabulous fit at HGSE or TC to me. No matter what, you're going somewhere awesome and you're getting money for it too! (This is what I've been telling myself, haha, even when I freak out that I didn't get the HGSE newsletter so that surely means I'm rejected, or become otherwise convinced that my chances are tiny.) Edited by merrysoprano

So I'm in Cambridge and we are having a snowstorm.  I do hope they decide to send things out early if people have to go home due to the storm etc.

Oh good to know!! I may have to pick your brain once I know for sure if I'm going there.  I love the school and the program. 

Also, I did not get anything from TC so I'm thinking I am rejected there.   :(  I don't care so much about that.  I just figure that if I get rejected from both Stanford and Columbia, my chances at Harvard are teeny.   Tis OK.  At least I'm in somewhere!!  And somewhere great.  Staying optimistic.  

As for getting into TC, it looks like just the Higher Ed group heard and I know they are having a storm so who knows what is happening with the other departments.

If I have to go through Spring Break next week (as a teacher, not a student - still as fun!) without knowing it'll be horrible!  My fiancee will be out of town too, which means more boredom! Guess I'll start working on home improvement projects...

Well everyone, will it be today? (Please, pretty please? I don't know how much more waiting and not knowing I can take. :()

Gosh, I hope the snow that Boston is getting today doesn't close down HGSE. Everyone in Boston and Cambridge, stay safe!

I think it's getting to be that time where they really need to tell us. I actually have a good feeling about today. I can't believe I've heard from everywhere else before them.

I'm inclined to agree, though I do wonder what they'll say if some (brave!) soul calls to ask. I know that last time someone called we got a "March 25, but we try to get them out ASAP" type response. But their admitted students weekend must be coming up, and they've got to have time to get funding offers out well before April 15th... right? Haha. I feel like this week is most prudent, but then, I'm an antsy applicant. ;)

HigherEd, you are in an AWESOME position and I'm so excited for you no matter what!