HGSE Fall 2013

Coloradogirl

I'd like to live at Cronkhite if I got in. It's definitely more expensive(the meal plan is a killer) but it's right in the middle of everything.

Ok. I have a new theory. My website at the top changed back to "index" a few minutes ago. Until then, it said "status" all day. What if that means that they are imputing our statuses throughout the day? Then when they aren't working on it, it goes back to index. Maybe once they are ready and have put in all decisions, they just change the system to where we can view the decision too.

Either that or I've gone crazy...

Hmm. I wonder how long that would take once and when we'd find out. I wish I had paid attention today to see if it said status or index. I did yesterday but not today. If we had we could have seen if there was any correlation - whether certain programs were getting index or status, etc.

I like your theory, HigherEd! Mine is still on status, so who knows what they've done to me. :ph34r:

Well, looks like I just lost my bet in the official Gradcafe guess-what-time-Harvard-deigns-to-send-our-status-notifications pool. Oh well. Beginning to think it might not be today, either. Argh.

Ugh. I'm beginning to think that I'll have to study for yet another test before finding out about HGSE.

Greaaaaaaaatttttt...

Do we need to distract ourselves again? I've become a pro at distracting myself. Oh, well. If we do hear this week, it's still a good few weeks before the official HGSE decision date, so I guess we're lucky... But I'm antsy!

Also beginning to think not today. Not completely giving up until 6 Central Time.

Not to get everyone's hopes up, by my email from Penn came at 1:30am EST so it seems that around the clock is not an total impossibility! 

Not to get everyone's hopes up, by my email from Penn came at 1:30am EST so it seems that around the clock is not an total impossibility! 

Me too, Sunshinegrl. I'm trying to push that thought out of my mind, though. Penn also does decisions on a rolling basis, not a mass release like this, so I'm guessing they put theirs in manually or use a different system.

Me too, Sunshinegrl. I'm trying to push that thought out of my mind, though. Penn also does decisions on a rolling basis, not a mass release like this, so I'm guessing they put theirs in manually or use a different system.

Yeah, me, too. I'd rather believe that if I don't receive anything between 3-6 PM CST, then I'm not finding out on that day. It's a way of keeping my sanity. If I wanted to believe that finding out at any hour throughout the day were a possibility, then I'd be more anxious than I already am. At least I can kinda take a deep breath after 6 PM passes.

Edited by CQE

I'm just going to call tomorrow morning and ask if they know when decisions are scheduled to come out.

Worth a shot to see if I can get something out of someone. If the person I speak to in the morning doesn't give me an answer, I'll call in the afternoon and hope that that person will give me something.

Obviously, I'll report back to 'quarters and let you all know if I find out anything.

Edited by CQE

I'm just going to call tomorrow morning and ask if they know when decisions are scheduled to come out.

I'm a little surprised it took 30 pages (and how many since we officially got antsy?) for someone to propose this sublimely clever idea. Shoulda thought of that.

Worth a shot to see if I can get something out of someone. If the person I speak to in the morning doesn't give me an answer, I'll call in the afternoon and hope that that person will give me something.

Obviously, I'll report back to 'quarters and let you all know if I find out anything.

Oh my gosh, please do!!!

I was really tempted to do that today but I don't have the guts.  I'm glad you do!

Even just to get a general idea along the lines of "sometime this week" or "sometime next week" would be great.

Edited by Spreadpeace88

Don't get too excited. They will probably just say "Some time before March 25" even if they know decisions are coming out tomorrow.  They want us on our poor little toes.  

Don't get too excited. They will probably just say "Some time before March 25" even if they know decisions are coming out tomorrow.  They want us on our poor little toes.  

Yup.. those were my thoughts. Not to be a Debbie Downer, but that happened to someone last year or the year before and the decisions ended up going out that day.

However, still try! I'm not brave enough :o . Maybe we'll get lucky and someone will slip up!

Oh my gosh, please do!!!

I was really tempted to do that today but I don't have the guts.  I'm glad you do!

Even just to get a general idea along the lines of "sometime this week" or "sometime next week" would be great.

Yeah, for sure.

If they stonewall me and/or give me an attitude for simply asking, I'll ask them to "call me, maybe?" when they have a clue as to when decisions will be sent out.

What's the worst that could happen? That they surround my house with black SUVs? Trace my phone number? Find out who I am and subsequently auto-reject me?

On second thought...I might want to refrain from making a Carly Rae Jepsen reference, like a smartazz. LOL :ph34r:

Nah. But I probably still would. :D

Edited by CQE

I'm at status too... Hmm. I mean, I know admissions peeps work crazy hours and I frankly wouldn't be surprised if they're working late right now. But it does diverge from the decision precedents set by the last few years.

I'd still like to try out the decision URL with my ID #, but I do not know the decision URL.

hint, hint, past HGSE applicants....

Edited by CQE