Structural Engineering Admission's Process Fall 2013

StructuralEngr88

Just heard back from Berkeley today (last night actually). I think I've been accepted unofficially, and will be receiving the official letter soon.

Congrats!! I still haven't heard from Berkeley yet....most likely a rejection =(

I've been accepted unofficially to Northwestern and got invited to open house from Lehigh

Sunmaster, how did you hear from Berkeley without receiving an official letter? Did you call them?

So far, I've heard from every university unofficially before I received an official acceptance.

In the case of UCB, I received an email from the civil engineering department that they have recommended me for acceptance, but with the disclaimer that "The Dean of the Graduate Division performs the final review and extends the formal offer of admission; that office will send you the official offer letter shortly."

So in the unlikely event that the dean rejects me application, I suppose they have given me fair warning. But otherwise the message was very congratulatory.

If anyone has applied to UCSD, their grad admissions office said they'll send out PhD decisions within the week and master's within 2 weeks. UIUC said most of their decisions are made in March and some in early April.

Hello evolution786, did you receive something from UCSD so far?

Hello evolution786, did you receive something from UCSD so far?

FelipeChilean, no I haven't yet. Just spoke to the admissions office and they said master's acceptances will be out this week.

Good luck! Have you been in contact with any faculty there?

FelipeChilean, no I haven't yet. Just spoke to the admissions office and they said master's acceptances will be out this week.

Good luck! Have you been in contact with any faculty there?

Yes, I sent an email the January 31th asking when the department begins to send the admissions results for the MS in Structural Engineering, and they just answer "Next month sometime".

evolution786, did you ask for the status of your application to UCSD?, I'm planning to do it but i'm a little scared.

No I just asked when decisions will be released. I definitely considered asking about my status but I was scared too haha. Couple weeks ago the ad office said PhD decisions would be released last week but I didn't see anything on the results search, so I just hope they actually send out master's decisions this week like she said. I'm also nervous about funding since it's apparently pretty rare for master's at UCSD

No I just asked when decisions will be released. I definitely considered asking about my status but I was scared too haha. Couple weeks ago the ad office said PhD decisions would be released last week but I didn't see anything on the results search, so I just hope they actually send out master's decisions this week like she said. I'm also nervous about funding since it's apparently pretty rare for master's at UCSD

Did you send an email or calling by phone?

Just got accepted to UCSD's structural program for master's and PhD! Though I didn't apply for a PhD. Pretty excited but worried about funding. FelipeChilean, where did you see the PhD result from UCSD? I don't see it in the results.

So far, I've heard from every university unofficially before I received an official acceptance.

In the case of UCB, I received an email from the civil engineering department that they have recommended me for acceptance, but with the disclaimer that "The Dean of the Graduate Division performs the final review and extends the formal offer of admission; that office will send you the official offer letter shortly."

So in the unlikely event that the dean rejects me application, I suppose they have given me fair warning. But otherwise the message was very congratulatory.

Hi,

Congratulation for your admission at UCB. Are you applying for PhD? Did they say anything about funding?

Thank you so much. Your prompt is highly appreciated.

Best,

Edited by ctv511

Hello everyone,

Has anyone heard about the Purdue admission for PhD? 

I am invited to "recruiting weekend" at Virginia Tech. Has anyone received the same invitation to Virginia Tech?

Thanks.

My information:

Master Degree at Georgia Tech

Apply for PhD program in Fall 2013

GPA: 3.92

GRE: 168Q, 146V, 4W

Applied: UIUC, UCB, UW, NW, VT, TAMU, UT, Purdue, Georgia Tech, Lehigh

Accepted: NW (with fund)

Invited to open house: NW, VT (Virginia Tech)

Edited by ctv511

Hi,

Congratulation for your admission at UCB. Are you applying for PhD? Did they say anything about funding?

Thank you so much. Your prompt is highly appreciated.

Best,

Thank you. I'm only applying for a masters at this time, they said funding would be determined later.

Just got accepted to UCSD's structural program for master's and PhD! Though I didn't apply for a PhD. Pretty excited but worried about funding. FelipeChilean, where did you see the PhD result from UCSD? I don't see it in the results.

Congratulations evolution786!, I saw the results in the search app.

Thank you. I'm only applying for a masters at this time, they said funding would be determined later.

Congratulations! I also received an unofficial email earlier this week from a professor. (I applied for MS as well)..

Still waiting for the official letter from the Graduate school office..

Also, anyone applied to the MENG program (high performance structures) of MIT? They said the result will be send out by March 1st but still haven't heard anything...

This is posted by someone in another thread:

Rejected. Nobody is going to be accepted today. I don't know why exactly we have to pay them $100 for application fee and this is the sort of nonsense treatment we get. March 1st is in fact a reject day.

I don't think these people don't even read SOP or CV. I think the initial filter is just GPA. I had a significant amount of research experience and still got rejected.

So I think its pretty accurate if you think about it. 

This is posted by someone in another thread:

Rejected. Nobody is going to be accepted today. I don't know why exactly we have to pay them $100 for application fee and this is the sort of nonsense treatment we get. March 1st is in fact a reject day.

I don't think these people don't even read SOP or CV. I think the initial filter is just GPA. I had a significant amount of research experience and still got rejected.

So I think its pretty accurate if you think about it. 

MIT MENG?..still waiting for a rejection then...