Structural Engineering Admission's Process Fall 2013

StructuralEngr88

Does anybody know when UCB is supposed to be done with Ph.D. admission decisions in Structural Engineering, Mechanics and Materials (SEMM)?

Yesterday I got the letter to the Dean which I am recommended for doing my PhD there. So exited!

Yesterday I got the letter to the Dean which I am recommended for doing my PhD there. So exited!

Congrats caorozco on your admission to Berkeley! Have you applied to the MS/PhD Program or only PhD? I am applying to MS/PhD and I have had no news of Berkeley =(.

I spoke to the UIUC grad office and she said that they've admitted less than 10 students so far. She hasn't heard anything about funding from the professors yet either. Traditionally, they admit many students right before their spring break (which is March 16th this year) but she's not sure if that'll happen this time. Just a heads up, it's going to be a long couple months

Congrats caorozco on your admission to Berkeley! Have you applied to the MS/PhD Program or only PhD? I am applying to MS/PhD and I have had no news of Berkeley =(.

Thanks a lot. I applied to PhD only, but due to I am new applying to U.S Universities I do not know if this step is defenitely an  acceptance, what do you think?

Thanks a lot. I applied to PhD only, but due to I am new applying to U.S Universities I do not know if this step is defenitely an  acceptance, what do you think?

I think you have been definitely admitted. I sent an e-mail to Berkeley, and they told me that decisions are stil running. I was admitted to Stanford, but rejected from MIT and Caltech until now, but I want to go to Berkeley. I have also applied to UIUC. I will see what happens. I am from Peru and I hope to see you at Berkeley =).

Hello everyone,

Has anyone heard about the Purdue admission for PhD? 

I am invited to "recruiting weekend" at Virginia Tech. Has anyone received the same invitation to Virginia Tech?

Thanks.

My information:

Master Degree at Georgia Tech

Apply for PhD program in Fall 2013

GPA: 3.92

GRE: 168Q, 146V, 4W

Applied: UIUC, UCB, UW, NW, VT, TAMU, UT, Purdue, Georgia Tech, Lehigh

Accepted: NW (with fund)

Invited to open house: NW, VT (Virginia Tech)

have you received your decision  from virginia tech ?.   I have also applied for PhD in structural engineering

Edited by pradeepgd05

Has anyone heard from UT Austin,UCSD , virginia tech Phd (Structural Engineering).

My friend got into Austin (master's), another one into Vieginia Tech (PhD), and I got into UCSD (master's).

My friend got into Austin (master's), another one into Vieginia Tech (PhD), and I got into UCSD (master's).

can you share admit profile....your virginia tech friend went through interview ?

Edited by pradeepgd05

I've heard back and gotten into UCSD (M.S.), U of Michigan (M.Eng), and LeHigh (M.Eng). I'm having a hard time choosing between and M.Eng degree at U of Michigan and LeHigh. Anyone have any information about the M.Eng program at Michigan beyond what they say on their website? 

can you share admit profile....your virginia tech friend went through interview ?

My profile from earlier in the thread:

I've only applied to 3 schools for a masters program: UW-Madison, UIUC, and UC-San Diego.

Overall GPA: 3.76/4.00

Major GPA: 3.87/4.00

GRE: 160(V), 160(Q), 4.50

Experiences:

2 full time summer internships, one of which lead into the school year part time for the past 2 years

1 semester as a TA in structural analysis

1 semester of research

Yeah, my buddy with Virginia Tech went to their visitation weekend last week. 

I've heard back and gotten into UCSD (M.S.), U of Michigan (M.Eng), and LeHigh (M.Eng). I'm having a hard time choosing between and M.Eng degree at U of Michigan and LeHigh. Anyone have any information about the M.Eng program at Michigan beyond what they say on their website? 

Are you going to UCSD's open house this Wednesday?

My profile from earlier in the thread:

I've only applied to 3 schools for a masters program: UW-Madison, UIUC, and UC-San Diego.

Overall GPA: 3.76/4.00

Major GPA: 3.87/4.00

GRE: 160(V), 160(Q), 4.50

Experiences:

2 full time summer internships, one of which lead into the school year part time for the past 2 years

1 semester as a TA in structural analysis

1 semester of research

Yeah, my buddy with Virginia Tech went to their visitation weekend last week. 

Actually i had applied for MS in structural engineering ( virginia tech).. 3 weeks ago i got a mail from VT that they wanted me to consider for PhD so i mailed them positive response but after that till now i have not heard back from them. worried about whether they have done with the phd admits ?

Hello everyone,

Has anyone heard about the Purdue admission for PhD? 

I am invited to "recruiting weekend" at Virginia Tech. Has anyone received the same invitation to Virginia Tech?

Thanks.

My information:

Master Degree at Georgia Tech

Apply for PhD program in Fall 2013

GPA: 3.92

GRE: 168Q, 146V, 4W

Applied: UIUC, UCB, UW, NW, VT, TAMU, UT, Purdue, Georgia Tech, Lehigh

Accepted: NW (with fund)

Invited to open house: NW, VT (Virginia Tech)

Hi ...

when was vt open house ? did they offered admission during open house. im still wating for vt phd Structural result

Edited by pradeepgd05

Are you going to UCSD's open house this Wednesday?

I'm actually an undergrad at UCSD so I know the program pretty well so I won't be attending the open house. You will probably find me in the computer lab on the 1st floor of the new structural engineering building if you want to chat. 

Is anyone else still waiting for a response from Berkeley (MS)? If so, have you tried contacting them?

I am waiting for Berkeley, I contacted them last week, they told me that the decisions are made until late March.

Just discovered this thread!  I wish I'd seen it earlier, and hello to everyone!

I hope to see a few of you tomorrow at UCSD, perhaps?

And also: I am impatiently waiting at the moment for UT Austin, Columbia, Georgia Tech, and NCSU.  I've been admitted to UCSD and CU-Boulder.  Anyone have any juicy updates about any of those programs?

Does anybody know when UCB is supposed to be done with Ph.D. admission decisions in Structural Engineering, Mechanics and Materials (SEMM)?

Hi, when did you hear about your admit from JHU, I have applied in CMRL under Prof. Ghosh but didn't hear anything.