ScoreSelect option!

mav.rick

Hello.

I really have a doubt here about the ScoreSelect option. And the official GRE website mentions it in a very unclear fashion.

If someone has taken two GRE tests over the interval of few months, and if each time he has taken the tests he has selected the 'ScoreSelect Most Recent' option; will the universities that he has chosen after the test day (for the four free applications) see both his reports? If so, where does choosing the scores and reflecting your best come into picture for the four free universities? :mellow:

So, does that mean that on the two occassions I took the GRE and after that filled out the names of four universities to send my scores for free, those universities will still see both the GRE tests I took? Is this going to have a negative impact that I retook the GRE? By the way, my 2nd GRE (328) was a substantial improvement over the first (316).

Well, if you selected to send the results to the universities for free right after the test, both times - then yes, I think they will get both results.

You can also opt not to send both results and then later select which scores you i wish to send at home.

If you improved significantly then that's a good thing and if they get both scores this should be good.

So, does that mean that on the two occassions I took the GRE and after that filled out the names of four universities to send my scores for free, those universities will still see both the GRE tests I took? Is this going to have a negative impact that I retook the GRE? By the way, my 2nd GRE (328) was a substantial improvement over the first (316).

Yes -- I think the only way to see your score(s) first and THEN pick which score to send would be to not use the four free schools and then pay for "Additional Score Report" for all the schools.

Thank you for the replies. The one thing that is worrying me is that will retaking the GRE be considered bad by the university? Among the four free schools, three of them are schools I desperately want to get in. And I am applying for MS in Materials Science and Engineering. So, on the first GRE, I scored 316 and on the second I scored 328. I believe it is a good improvement. Well, what would have been better? Applying directly with the 328 score, or the case now where they will have both 316 and 328 records?

Moreover, can I cancel the reports that I chose to send the day after the test to four free schools by requesting to ETS?

Edited by mav.rick