Program Specific Questions - Fall 2013

I've just had the same problem, so perhaps a technical fault. It doesn't happen to be the middle reference as it appears on the 'check status' page, does it?

No, it was the last one. I called the department, and they gave me an e-mail address for him to send it to.

For programs that require hard-copy transcripts, do you know if there is a way to see if they have arrived, other than by calling them? Specifically, I'm looking to verify for Penn State, U Michigan, and Carnegie Mellon. As far as I can tell from the websites, there's nowhere that transcripts show up on any checklists.

Thanks!

For programs that require hard-copy transcripts, do you know if there is a way to see if they have arrived, other than by calling them? Specifically, I'm looking to verify for Penn State, U Michigan, and Carnegie Mellon. As far as I can tell from the websites, there's nowhere that transcripts show up on any checklists.

Thanks!

I would try sending en email first. It is less intrusive to admin assistants (who are already often overworked). 

Thanks!

For Michigan you have to check on Wolverine access.

For Michigan you have to check on Wolverine access.

Thank you, I do see that these were received. I hate to email the other programs so close to the deadline, but it would be nice if they provided a way to make sure the transcripts got there. I hate just putting something like that in the mail and hoping it lands in the right place. :wacko:

Anybody apply to Lehigh? My online application still says "No official transcripts have been received yet" but they had asked for uploads... I'll call next week, but I sure hope I wasn't supposed to send hard copies. The website and application led me to believe that wasn't necessary. 

Edited by asleepawake

for Michigan, I pretty sure you're already too late.  You had to have ALL materials in by the deadline, Dec 9th, including transcripts. 

As for Penn State, the application status will tell you if the materials have arrived.

for Michigan, I pretty sure you're already too late.  You had to have ALL materials in by the deadline, Dec 9th, including transcripts. 

As for Penn State, the application status will tell you if the materials have arrived.

I thought Michigan was due Dec 15th?

I thought Michigan was due Dec 15th?

Yeah, it was the 15th. And I did find the checklist section there (all is okay). Still can't figure out Penn State though. Their interface is kind of awful, and the "app status" only has letters and GRE scores.

Yeah, it was the 15th. And I did find the checklist section there (all is okay). Still can't figure out Penn State though. Their interface is kind of awful, and the "app status" only has letters and GRE scores.

Shit. I still have to finish this one. Not another crappy online system. I hate that so much at this point.

I had trouble with Penn State's LOR system. My recommender had to e-mail it to them. They confirmed via phone they had everything else from me. You could just call, the grad secretary there is super nice. 

Bluecheese, get your Penn State stuff in on time! They start right away, and I think they tend to notify fellowship recipients super early... like late January. 

You can check if Michigan received your transcripts, though, by logging into Wolverine access.

Where are you finding this info once you log into Wolverine? I'm poking around on the "New and Prospective Students" page and must be missing it.

Edit: Nevermind, found it.

Edited by skybythelight

My Penn app still says incomplete. EEK.

Also, has anyone actually had UMD-CP receive their official transcripts? Both mine and my boyfriend's were "lost" somewhere on the way.

Also, has anyone actually had UMD-CP receive their official transcripts? Both mine and my boyfriend's were "lost" somewhere on the way.

I applied to Maryland last year and I don't recall there being any problems with them receiving official transcripts. :/

Does anyone else have their GRE scores still listed as "awaiting" at Columbia? It has now been 4 weeks since the deadline...

Yes, I do. It makes me nervous. I check to see if the status has changed everyday. I haven't contacted them yet because of the note on that page that says they will contact you if something is missing. If you do decide to contact them, please post their response. 

Does anyone else have their GRE scores still listed as "awaiting" at Columbia? It has now been 4 weeks since the deadline...

I contacted Columbia a few weeks ago and spoke with--perhaps prematurely--one of the admission counselors. She indicated that there was indeed some lag time between receipt and confirmation of scores, but offered to check my status nonetheless. Even though the site still said "awaiting" she confirmed that they (the department?) had them. I wouldn't worry--seems to be a technical issue.

I applied to UMD-CP this year. They said they received my official transcripts on the ASP form.

My Penn app said that for a while too, but I checked it a few days ago, and it's now listed as complete.  Maybe they haven't gotten around to processing your app yet?

My Penn app says completed on 1/8/13. I submitted it on 12/12/12 (cool!) if that helps.

I called them about this. They said that the GRE scores go to the general graduate admissions, so the departments don't register them as received for a good long while. They told me not to worry about it.

I called them about this. They said that the GRE scores go to the general graduate admissions, so the departments don't register them as received for a good long while. They told me not to worry about it.

Thanks!