The Waiting Game - Fall 2013 - Share your progress!

radiomars

This is bad for me.... This means I definitely din't make it to the shortlist, Have I? Anyways it was my first application and the mistakes I noticed in my SoP later made me cringe...
I'm in the same position. No news from Duke, and statement doesn't make me cringe so much as just shake my head and wish I'd worked it all out earlier. The order of everything really doesn't make much sense. I hope you (and I!) hear from other schools for interviews in time!

I'm in the same position. No news from Duke, and statement doesn't make me cringe so much as just shake my head and wish I'd worked it all out earlier. The order of everything really doesn't make much sense. I hope you (and I!) hear from other schools for interviews in time!

That brings me to another worrying issue...I am not very confident about interviewing. I may have given the impression (in my application) that I have done a lot more preparation than I actually did. 

Does anyone know which schools usually conduct/not conduct interviews? 

I've been wondering about who does interviewing as well. Last year it looked like Berkeley didn't, but the year before there was at least one interview posted to the results board. Also spotty results for Chicago. I don't remember seeing much on school websites about this part of the process, but then again at the time I wasn't focusing on that, so who knows. Maybe it's time to go back and review some websites . . . 

If anyone has any school particulars, though, please share!

You have to choose the option at the bottom under the Manage Your Application list and choose 1. Review Your Activity. You can log in there.

In case it is still an issue...after PhDreams directions.

go here http://studentaffairs.stanford.edu/gradadmissions/applying/start 

check box and click start application.

select review your activity under the head "manage your account"

and there you should have the details of your application

here you can review all the applications you have submitted using collegenet. 

ah brilliant! thanks :)

Just got my first acceptance! My fourth-choice school, but it's not a bad start!

Woooo congrats! That's one more acceptance than most of us have at this point. Last night I dreamed about an explosion in the anthro faculty of some random university, everyone was running out of the building with their skin peeling off. Mental equilibrium is 6 weeks away :(

Congrats to everyone who has heard about interviews/acceptances so far! I guess it's starting to pick up now, right? Anyone else's stomach in knots about the next two to six weeks? My anxiety is officially in overdrive... according to the results search, someone heard about an interview at my top choice on January 20th last year... That means I should hear soon, right? RIGHT??? 

Agh it's hard to know for sure because there are only six results for that program last year and they are pretty much all rejections why why why why whyyyyyyyyy. Also, what if the admissions deadline was different last year so that actually, they didn't send out that interview invitation 19 days post-application due date? So much uncertainty in my brain and silence in my inbox! 

Ack sorry about the crazy I have unleashed in this post. Can you tell my nerves are getting to me? I need a hug :(

Allouette, I love your primate, is it new world?

Mmhmm, it is indeed! Here: http://animals.nationalgeographic.com/wallpaper/animals/photos/monkeys/spider-monkey/ it was my desktop wallpaper for a good long while, made me smile every time I opened my computer

HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!

PhDreams, you are the best, and I return that hug with so much squishing you don't even know. :)

Mmhmm, it is indeed! Here: http://animals.nationalgeographic.com/wallpaper/animals/photos/monkeys/spider-monkey/ it was my desktop wallpaper for a good long while, made me smile every time I opened my computer

PhDreams, you are the best, and I return that hug with so much squishing you don't even know. :)

Awwwwwwwww :D We have to get through this together. <3

GUYS! Just got an email asking for an interview from one of my POIs at Berkeley! I´m so happy at the moment I don´t even care that he asked me if I´ve applied for outside fellowships for graduate study (I´m an international so I highly doubt I´ll get in nevertheless) but I couldn´t care less right now, Berkeley loves me!

By the way to any other Berkeley applicants this seems more like an informal thing, it doesn´t look like any formal interview stage.

GUYS! Just got an email asking for an interview from one of my POIs at Berkeley! I´m so happy at the moment I don´t even care that he asked me if I´ve applied for outside fellowships for graduate study (I´m an international so I highly doubt I´ll get in nevertheless) but I couldn´t care less right now, Berkeley loves me!

By the way to any other Berkeley applicants this seems more like an informal thing, it doesn´t look like any formal interview stage.

Exciting stuff!  Congrats :)