The Waiting Game - Fall 2013 - Share your progress!

radiomars

Awwwwwww. thanks, Allouette!! <3 !!

If I'm honest, I was forcing a fit just because I wanted to be in LA... :(

Ethnic Studies program. No one really does my work.. I tried to make a fit but they must have seen through that. No faculty fit but I thought I tried to make it work... Boo.. guess not lol

Heard back from UCLA. Nope :(

Sadness....

Not Anthro...but still.

A bit late, but sorry to hear this PhDreams! Hopefully the next week will bring more positive news.  

Received an email from my old adviser saying that UCLA Anthro adcom is currently reviewing apps and that I should feel comfortable with my chances. Not too shabby.

Congratulation radiomars! Now the major schools are coming, ha? 

Thank you! I'm feeling really great about this application cycle, but still hoping to hear back from my top choice soon. I went for a campus visit and sent the POI a thank you card. He responded today with this: "Thank you for the lovely card!  That was very considerate of you!  We certainly enjoyed your visit also and hope that it results in even better things to come.  I'll keep you posted as the admissions process runs its course." Is it okay to be guardedly optimistic?

Thank you! I'm feeling really great about this application cycle, but still hoping to hear back from my top choice soon. I went for a campus visit and sent the POI a thank you card. He responded today with this: "Thank you for the lovely card!  That was very considerate of you!  We certainly enjoyed your visit also and hope that it results in even better things to come.  I'll keep you posted as the admissions process runs its course." Is it okay to be guardedly optimistic?

I think guardedly optimistic is ideal in this case :)

radiomars: I suppose so. Seems optimistic but be prepared for another interview or visiting!

I'm invited to Emory for the visiting weekend in the end, while I was going to give up the possibility due to other guys' early postings. Just begin to get everything set for the chance... Nervous but hopeful! 

A bit late, but sorry to hear this PhDreams! Hopefully the next week will bring more positive news.  

Awwwww... thanks! I'm sure I'm going to end up where I'm supposed to be. Pretty funny because they rejected me last year from a masters program...different dept. lol I think they're just going for a record.

Congrats! :D Good luck!

Guys, I don't really see many people in this thread who applied for a program in Archaeology. I assume that's because a lot of people apply for Classics departments and not as many people apply for anthropological archaeology programs. I might be wrong. Should I start a new topic titled "Archaeology 2013-The Waiting Game" to find out?What is your opinion?

anthrogeek, I completely agree with you, I am just desperately trying to engage and connect with all those who applied for the archaeology "concentration" at the anthro departments. That would be really great if archaeologists shared their progress or told us how they are doing  :)

Armadilla, I'd certainly stalk that thread! I'm applying for anthropological archaeology too. I know some anthropology ad coma will meet as one big anthropology party, but not all of them. And anyway, every time I see an anthropology update from someone I freak, only to see its social, etc. go for it! Even if its just the two of us, hahaha

Edited by mochicologa

PhDreams: I haven't heard from Stanford. Since they seemed to still be pulling applications together this month and usually don't appear to contact people until later--judging by old results searches--I had not been thinking too much about them. Have you heard something?

Hope the interview went well! (I think you had one at Penn, right?)

PhDreams: I haven't heard from Stanford. Since they seemed to still be pulling applications together this month and usually don't appear to contact people until later--judging by old results searches--I had not been thinking too much about them. Have you heard something?

Hope the interview went well! (I think you had one at Penn, right?)

Thanks for the Stanford info! I was just making sure since these results have sort of been coming out a little earlier. UPenn didn't interview last year until around Feb so I was really shocked. My Penn interview went really, really well. POI was amazing. Decisions should be out in about two weeks. Fingers crossed!!

Hi All -

I have been lurking here for a few weeks, but wanted to say "congrats" to those with good news and "keep hope alive" for those receiving bad news.  I am struggling with the waiting as well.  I applied to Harvard, 2 regional schools and one "safety" school (that probably isn't that safe).  Good luck to everyone waiting it out.

It does seem like schools are moving a bit faster than usual. It would be great to have everything wrapped up by the end of February!

That is very exciting about your Penn interview, PhDreams. I'm glad it went so well!

It does seem like schools are moving a bit faster than usual. It would be great to have everything wrapped up by the end of February!

That is very exciting about your Penn interview, PhDreams. I'm glad it went so well!ited

Thank you!!!!!! I'm very excited about Penn as a possibility.