question in mentioning research experience in SOP

hzx4742

I've read advices that you should talk about all your research experiences in SOP. But the limit on words dose not allow me to talk about each in detail. I think mentioning them briefly in SOP is meaningless since I've listed them in resume. I'd like to detail an independent research experience which is most important to me, and I feel other experiences didn't have any special meaning for me, they just make me more familiar with psychology research.

Does anyone think it's a good idea just detailing one research experience and leaving out others?

Thanks in advance for your help!

I would try to get a very brief mention in of each, it can be something like "I was involved in a variety of research projects examing X, Y, and Z, from which I became interested in doing W for my independent project because of..." The important thing is making connections.

Your entire CV (if allowed) will get a 60 sec review max. Make your research experience stand out.

What if you've worked in several labs? I've worked in 6, and I'm not sure if I should talk about them in the SOP or just on the CV/resume. I consider my research to be the strongest part of my application.

I've worked in two labs. I only mentioned my work in my more recent lab. However, my SOP had to be under 700 words for a handful of my schools. I did include my other lab in my precut SOP. If I were you, I'd only include lab work that was relevant to my research interests or taught me a desirable skill.