2013 Applicant Profiles and Admission Results

MicroB2012

@cleverfool: Congratulations! I just logged into the MyWisc website to check IPiB and saw that my application has been updated somehow today. No notifications but I'd like to know either way. Will you chose UWisc Chem or IPiB if you had the choice?

Just called UCSF IPQB... they just started sending out interview invites, and have more to send. According to the coordinator, "no news really is no news." So... those of you who were perhaps super depressed when you saw the invites go out on the results search shouldn't be :)

Whew... I was one of those super depressed people. Hopefully my sad 2 cupcake lunch pity party was unfounded!

@cleverfool: Congratulations! I just logged into the MyWisc website to check IPiB and saw that my application has been updated somehow today. No notifications but I'd like to know either way. Will you chose UWisc Chem or IPiB if you had the choice?

Thanks! I have no idea what I'd choose; several of the faculty I am interested in overlap. I hope the interview/visits will help clarify. Also, any funding differences would factor in, too.

My applications were updated today, too, but they both still say "Under review..etc".

Just for those internationals among you that are applying to IPiB at UW-Madison: I emailed them today and asked whether they already sent out interview invitations to any internationals. They said that they did not sent out any invitations yet but will be doing so shortly.

Edited by chemaholic

@chemaholic - Thanks for that update. I know they've sent rejections for some international applicants already. Everyone's application dates were updated today so I bet by this Friday will be the wave of notifications. (Or hopefully tonight :X) They didn't give any specific dates huh?

@flat_rhino: What do you mean by "everyone's applications dates were updated"? And no, they didn't give a specific date. So "shortly" could probably mean anytime between today and february...

Edited by chemaholic

My MyWisc date entries have all been updated to January 15, 2013. I haven't noticed the date change since the application deadline. Another person in this thread has noticed the same.

I could be mistaken, but I thought I remembered seeing a link on this site somewhere to a website that had acceptance rates? 

Or is there a place to find out how many applications/how many interviews/how many accepted?

I think this is the site, but I don't know how often it is updated:

http://www.petersons.com/graduate-schools.aspx

I think this is the site, but I don't know how often it is updated:

http://www.petersons.com/graduate-schools.aspx

I wonder how accurate this is. Are there really only 88 people in the world that want to study Biophysics at stanford? Just seems like the applied numbers are kind of Low.