2013 Applicant Profiles and Admission Results

MicroB2012

@Erbbie3: I'm probably going to drop JHU, and I'm still unsure what's happening with CSHL... I'm not sure how many interview weekends I could handle since they're supposed to be so exhausting (and they also take time from my classes)... I'm thinking five or six might be my limit.

@banksy: Yes it was...

I'm praying to the gods of science for a Harvard BBS invite (maybe they'll send invites tomorrow?), but this is just wishful thinking lol. I hope we all hear some good news tomorrow :)

You guys are making me nervous. I'm only waiting on UCSD Biomedical Science and University of Florida IDP in Biomedical Sciences. I've seen some rejections for UCSD, but nothing for UF. Anyone else applying to UF?

Phew, woke up this morning to my CSHL interview offer. Guess they don't send out all the invites at the exact same time. Supposed to be going 30 Jan - 3 Feb but might be conflict with one of my interview in the UK which is 28-29 Jan. Have asked CSHL if the wednesday is simply the arrival date or the actual beginning of interviews. If its the latter I could probably get there in time but man i'd be exhausted/jetlaggy.

Has anyone heard back regarding UCSF iPQB?

No I haven't. My app online still says "Under Review", but I haven't heard anything specific.

Edited by dlouble

Has anyone heard back regarding UCSF iPQB?

According to their patterns from previous years, they normally send out invites for interviews the Tuesday or Wednesday of the third week of January. So we should expect something next week at least

You guys are making me nervous. I'm only waiting on UCSD Biomedical Science and University of Florida IDP in Biomedical Sciences. I've seen some rejections for UCSD, but nothing for UF. Anyone else applying to UF?

**cautiously optimistic since I haven't been rejected yet for UCSD BMS.......their pattern seems to be a big day of invites in mid-January, so there is hope........I just want one interview! let the furious refreshing continue!

**cautiously optimistic since I haven't been rejected yet for UCSD BMS.......their pattern seems to be a big day of invites in mid-January, so there is hope........I just want one interview! let the furious refreshing continue!

What are your stats like? I'm concerned because my GRE is a little low, but my research experience is awesome, so if they just LOOK at my application, I'm hoping that gives me a chance. If they use the score and GPA cutoff system, I'm screwed.

Same here low GPA (3.3) and my GRE is a spread V 90% Q 50% A 73% but I have 8 years experience in 3 labs and 2 mid-author publications. I feel if they read my app I have a good shot. Some of those rejected had better GPA and GRE. I'm trying to give myself false hope, but now there are 2 days with rejection emails..........ahhhhhhhh

what did you put for areas of interest? I put molecular pathology and immunology.....not sure if that has any connection to anything......

I'm not sure how that would connect, either. I put Molecular Cel Biology and Physiology, but I address those two areas as well as Immunology in my SOP and Research Statement.

Yeah... my GPA is 3.65, 70th percentile GREs, and 6 years in research labs, 1 publication, and three in progress. We should continue to hope, together. :)

Edited by biotechie