2013 Applicant Profiles and Admission Results

MicroB2012

All of the California schools I applied to were in my opinion reaches anyways. I'm going to go ahead and expect a rejection from Stanford and rejoice and prepare for my interview at UCSF.

Berkeley Biophysics is weird, I know people who got in pretty much everywhere in top 10 but Berkeley... 

Also, someone got MIT CSBi :-S ? 

Good luck to all on current interviews/recruitment weekends and on any remaining apps. I wish there was someone else doing computational here, I feel like a loner.

I'm doing comp bio too, you're not alone. Just part of a family of lurkers

Did anyone here apply to the NIH/GPP? According to grad cafe, invites should go out tomorrow. They seem to send their invites and rejections at the same time, which could be good or bad, depending on which side you are on.

Congrats biotechie! I go to UF and the faculty in IDP are great! Plus..it's been hitting 80 degrees here all week, everyone's been laying out and swimming  :D

Thanks Biotechstudent! It has been jumping between being 60 degrees here and nice to sudden epic cold with sleet and ice. Right now, we have sleet and ice. Lots of us are very jealous of your weather, I'm sure. I'm glad to hear of students attending there. I've heard nothing but positives from my professors that went there, but I haven't heard much from students. I chose the interview that goes from Jan 27-29, so if that works out, I get to visit very soon! UF and Baylor are my top choices. :)

Congrats to everyone who got interviews!

Another quick question for y'all: around what time of day have you been getting notifications, or has it been scattered?

Mine have all been between 3 and 5 pm central US time, from schools that have as many as two hours difference from me in time.

Woohoo! Interview invitation to University of Florida IDP in Biomedical Sciences! Guess they realized we were antsy!

Congrats biotechie!! Seems like I should check with them tomorrow directly. Can't wait =) Hope they will send some more invitations tomorrow instead of rejections =(

Edited by mengyan528

Congrats biotechie!! Seems like I should check with them tomorrow directly. Can't wait =) Hope they will send some more invitations tomorrow instead of rejections =(

Thanks! Definitely e-mail them if it was the IDP program you applied to. They were very prompt at replying to e-mails, today. I got a response after 5 pm their time. Good luck!

Anyone else leaving for interviews, tomorrow? Excited? Nervous? Feeling all feelings at once? That last one is where I'm at!

Edited by biotechie

I'm doing comp bio too, you're not alone. Just part of a family of lurkers

Me too... just got a no thank you from UCSF. Didn't feel as bad as I thought it would... someone just posted a reject with a 990 GRE subject test. Clearly they have high standards :)

On 1/16/2013 at 10:52 AM, Winteriscoming said:

I don't know... but it may be true. Both interview invites on the result list were sent on the 9th, but no one has posted rejections, so I guess not hearing from them equals a rejection by now.  :unsure:

But never loose hope, right?  :) Maybe we'll be lucky and it's not true! *wishful thinking maybe?*

Hey Winteriscoming (cool username by the way),

Did you change your uw to a rejection because of the person saying the invites are done being sent, or actually get a letter?

Anyone else leaving for interviews, tomorrow? Excited? Nervous? Feeling all feelings at once? That last one is where I'm at!

ME! My first interview I'm feeling everything at once as well. I just hope to get through without incident. Good luck to everyone leaving tomorrow! Can't wait to regroup over the weekend and compare notes.

Me too... just got a no thank you from UCSF. Didn't feel as bad as I thought it would... someone just posted a reject with a 990 GRE subject test. Clearly they have high standards :)

Me too. Also doing compu stuff...