Official Transcript + GRE Not Received Yet?

paranoid A.

So today's the deadline for one of my grad schools, and I sent in my application yesterday. I also requested for my official transcript and GRE scores to be sent last week, and apparently, according to my school, they haven't received those documents yet. My application checklist just reads "Received (Not Official") for the transcript and GRE (as putting in your GRE scores and uploading an unofficial transcript are part of the app). I've read stuff how the school doesn't consider the application to be complete if everything isn't received by the deadline.

Is this something I should worry about?

Is this Stanford? Yeah... I sent my application in about 4 weeks ago, and transcripts/GRE scores 3 weeks before that. Mine still says the exact same thing - "Received (Not Official)". I'm really hoping it's just that they haven't gotten around to putting the applications together yet, and your reporting of the same issue is comforting.

I would email a query. This happened to me. I have always requested transcripts to be couriered that way I have a tracking number and I can check that it has been delivered and as well as see who exactly has signed for them.

I sent transcripts and GRE scores almost a month before I submitted some of my applications and I am still waiting (almost a month after submitting apps) for everything to be updated by some schools. I have emailed a couple programs and gotten confirmation that they are there, but haven't yet been entered (manually) into the system. So not seeing it on your end definitely does not mean they haven't arrived, but I would check with the DGS or grad division (depending on where you sent them) to be sure.

If it is stanford, I don't know what program you are applying to but my program (Education) says this on the website: "the instructions for sending transcripts on the online application and on the general Graduate Admissions Office website differ from the Stanford GSE requirement. The online application notes that applicants need to send hard copies of the transcript to the department. Please do not send hard copies at the time of application."

Yes guys, it is Stanford. :)

Well, I got an email for completing my application, and this is one paragraph from said email:

"We are currently in the process of updating applicant checklists to indicate receipt of required materials, including GRE scores, TOEFL scores, and official transcript(s). Due to the large volume of applications, we are unable to respond to and follow up with individual inquiries regarding the status of your application. You can review your checklist in the "Review My Activity" section of your application portal. We will notify you if any required materials are missing from your application."

So I guess this is something to assure me?

I have had this dilemma with several of my schools, and so I sent out some emails to the graduate secretaries. The general response that I have gotten is that they just get a huge flood of these things and it takes time to get them scanned, processed, and updated in the online system.