Who Wants To Bet On Acceptances/Rejections?

You will get into Wisconsin, Brandeis and Buffalo, get waitlisted at Vanderbilt, get rejected from Harvard, Rutgers, Berkeley, Brown, and Cornell. UPenn will never get back to you.

I think she's wrong here. 

I agree with Brandeis, but my sources are saying Brown will also come through for you, Waitlist comes from Rutgers.and Wisconsin.

All right, my turn.

GRE: 93% V/76% Q/92% A

GRE subject test: 56%

Grad GPA: 3.87 at a SLAC ranked #3 by the USN&WR for Southern Masters granting colleges

Applying: Delaware, Emory, Georgia State, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana State, Nebraska, Nevada-Reno, UNC-Chapel Hill, Oregon, South Carolina, Tennessee-Knoxville, WUSTL.

Gifs are definitely one of the top 5 best things ever to happen to the internet.

I'm kinda tempted to play this game, but I'm like 99% sure that I'd be placed in the "you fail at life!" category. Plus, I'm kinda feeling superstitious. What if the prediction becomes true because it was predicted?!? :blink:

People be all

2quufr7.jpg

Okay I tried to post this yesterday but GradCafe was havin' NONE A THAT. (But seriously, I still can't post using my normal browser--it thinks all my posts are empty. Help?)

Anyway, are GPAs considered absolute? As in: is a 4.00 from a poorly-ranked, little-known program better than a 3.5 at a top 10? Will it get plugged into a machine along with GRE scores to determine if you make the first cut? What about international programs?

Hmm. This isn't going to take my stress level down at all, but I'll buy in.

GPA: 3.95

GRE: 169 V, 151 Q, 6.0 AW

Undergrad Institution: well known public university

Programs applied to: 1 Ivy, 1 elite public, my undergrad institution, Pitt, & Chicago

My bet? I get into my undergrad institution. Miiiiiight get into the elite public school, if I'm really lucky.

I bet you'll get in everywhere. Your stats are nearly perfect.

Ok, so I officially have so much to do that I can't do any of it. Instead, I've wasted my time doing this.

At that link is a list with all/most programs and the first day they notified last year. This basic idea was stolen from something that was done for MFA programs when I applied to those a few years ago. I found it helpful and it meant I didn't have to constantly search the results board. Clearly, it's not at all done, but feel free to add to it. I'll continue to update as I get bored.

Benefit from the the fruits of my anxiety.

Edited by asleepawake