is this a bad sign

lostandconfused

I emailed and got this reply/...

Thank you for your email. At the moment, the faculty are making their final decisions and I expect to be able to inform applicants in the next few days or so. However, if you feel a wonderful opportunity has come up with another institution, you must do what is right for you. As for our decision, we will be in touch very soon.

Does this mean I am rejected? If so why dont they tell me!!!!!

i think that the "you must do what is right for you" line was a reference to the fact that perhaps students email for their status because they have already been given offers from other schools which are also requesting decisions on the student's behalf sooner rather than later.

it was probably just a copy and paste email given to lots of students.

They may also be alluding to the fact that the decision is possibly coming later than "the next few days or so".

I think if you were accepted, they would tell you straight out, and if you were among one of their top candidates duking it out, they'd let you know some how too. But they haven't rejected you straight out either. I'd take it as bad news thought anyway. Better to set your hopes low where they can only go up than to set them high and let them come crashing down. That's my motto.

From what I can tell, they are still making decisions and will be informing everyone soon. If you were rejected or accepted, they would have specifically told you. Sorry though, I don't know what to think about the, "you must do what is right for you" part. Though maybe they mean that some people maybe already decided where they are going, before finding out from this school