Jump to content

psychdork

Members
  • Content Count

    523
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by psychdork

  1. I'm not sure. My guess is applicants got wait listed either after I got my acceptance or at the same time.
  2. In my experience, they usually know within a week or two. However, one of my schools last year took a little more than a month to tell me (and I've been told I was my POI's first choice).
  3. Like others have mentioned residency in this case most likely refers to full-time on-campus work. For my university, we need to complete a certain amount of coursework (measured in credit hours) during 3 consecutive semesters in order to meet the doctoral residency requirement. However, the way my specific program is structured I'll be a full-time on-campus graduate student every semester until I graduate.
  4. Like DarwinAG, I'm also a first year social psychology grad student so feel free to contact me as well. Best of luck everyone!
  5. Officially accepted an offer today! Starting my PhD work in the fall!

  6. Apparently it was a good sign, I got an acceptance letter from this school yesterday!
  7. I finally got my first acceptance!!!

  8. I contacted the majority of my schools (departments) last year. Most of them didn't reply, but a few did. Of the ones that did, I believe one gave me a run of the mill response (your application was competitive but we had an overwhelming number of competitive applications, better luck next year), and the others gave me detailed information. One went as far as to mention other schools that I might want to consider when I reapply, in addition to that school, based on my research interests. Another basically broke down my application to all the different factors (GPA, GRE, etc.) and gave me v
  9. This particular program told me to wait 2-3 weeks. I was just about to contact them at the end of week 4 and that was when my POI emailed me. Like I said, it's entirely possible that they haven't made decisions yet, and if that is the case then I will be relieved (again) to hear that no news is fine, but if they have made a decision I just want to know. Unfortunately, I think this school is probably my best shot at an acceptance which is why I'm nervous to find out, but the anxiety I've been feeling especially this past week isn't good for me either. Besides it could end up being positive.
  10. The display on my treadmill is broken so I use the timer on my smart phone when I go running. Yesterday, mid-run I get a call from an unfamiliar area code. I dismiss it at first as spam, but then see that the caller left me a voice-mail so think that it might actually be important. Now I know that if I listen to the voicemail, the timer will stop, and I'm right now working on building up on running distance so I didn't want to stop running. But of course, that meant that for the rest of my run I'm trying to guess which school called me. I finally think I figured out which school called me
  11. The Matched series turned out to be really good (at least the first two, don't know about the third yet). I think one of them dragged a little (the second one maybe?) but I know once I reached the end of the second one I was thoroughly disappointed that I had to wait a year for the third one to come out, if that says anything.
  12. I can't believe it has taken me this long to find this thread! I'll pretty much read anything, but recently I've been attracted to dystopian YA novels (looks like I'm in good company!). I loved the Hunger Games series, read the first two in the Matched series (third one in the to-be-read-soon pile), and have a whole bunch of others lined up. Thanks for the book recommendations, looks like I have quite a few more to check out! I just finished How to Be A Woman by Caitlin Moran, and now I'm working on Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking by Susan Cain. I
  13. In my opinion, it is not necessary to accept immediately, and it would definitely not be rude and unfavorable to wait a little while. If you are still considering any of your remaining schools then I would wait to accept this offer. I'm not saying to wait until April 15th (you even said you wouldn't do that) but wait a week or two. IF you don't hear anything by then, contact the schools and see if someone will tell you your status. See if you can find out the outcomes of your remaining schools and then decide. You'll feel much better about your decision once you know how things stand. PO
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.