Communication/Media Studies Ph.D Programs Fall 2013 - let the wait begin!

status from Rutgers appeared that my application was denied....T T

only got an admission offer from SUNY-Buffalo without any funding...and two rejs from UW and Rutgers..

No interviews till now....guess i just need to prepare for another year of application...sigh

status from Rutgers appeared that my application was denied....T T

only got an admission offer from SUNY-Buffalo without any funding...and two rejs from UW and Rutgers..

No interviews till now....guess i just need to prepare for another year of application...s

I wouldn't give up hope just yet! You might still get an offer from MSU (assuming Michigan State?), or maybe you could negotiate a funding offer from SUNY. I've only seen one person note an interview/acceptance from MSU and I'm hopeful that they are still reviewing.

I posted the UT Austin interview, so that was for the Org Comm and Tech track..not sure if the others are on separate schedules.

Cornell rejection emails are in...am I alone?

also applied Cornell...heard nothing...even an interview..guess I will receive the same later

so good to see that you get accepted from Rutgers...I was rejected....btw what is your research interest?

I wouldn't give up hope just yet! You might still get an offer from MSU (assuming Michigan State?), or maybe you could negotiate a funding offer from SUNY. I've only seen one person note an interview/acceptance from MSU and I'm hopeful that they are still reviewing.

I posted the UT Austin interview, so that was for the Org Comm and Tech track..not sure if the others are on separate schedules.

Thanks Joavi!!!

Yes I am still trying to find funding oppurtunities...I dont have a nice score of GRE, that's what I think might weak my application, or even get me out of the pool after first round rough selection.

I contacted my POI before applying and got some positive replies. I am not finshing for acceptance.. so this result maybe reflects something, i am not sure..but i am not losing faith..and i will keep working to make myself a strong applicant/2013Fall student..

Gud luck to us!

also applied Cornell...heard nothing...even an interview..guess I will receive the same later

so good to see that you get accepted from Rutgers...I was rejected....btw what is your research interest?

Thanks! So sorry to hear about your rejection from Rutgers. I'm yet to hear about funding...so it's difficult to celebrate till I do!

I knew I was rejected from Cornell as soon as I didn't receive an interview....so no surprises there.

Research Interests: Social media & political change within ethnic minority communities; Intercultural communication within a new media context

no wonder i didnt get the interview cuz i got just my rejection :(

congratulations though!

My UWisc-Madison (Comm Arts PhD) app status just changed to "Your application has been received and will be reviewed by your program. Please refer to this page for updates."

My UWisc-Madison (Comm Arts PhD) app status just changed to "Your application has been received and will be reviewed by your program. Please refer to this page for updates."

i have seem this status for decades....will they make decisions in this month? I learned that this program does not do interviews...but i saw somebody post an interview with POI last month...

Edited by vincenthl

i have seem this status for decades....will they make decisions in this month? I learned that this program does not do interviews...but i saw somebody post an interview with POI last month...

Don't know about the other areas of focus, but I applied to Communication Sciences at UW-Madison and was the person who posted about the interview. I just got my acceptance email from my likely advisor with full funding, but I'm not sure if other areas of focus (Comm Arts, Media Culture, etc.) are interviewing/making decisions now. Comm. Science may have been the only focus area to conduct interviews, as I guess there were fewer spots this year since they over-enrolled last year? Not sure, but don't give up hope! This is my first acceptance after a rejection and a waitlisting, so you never know til you know! Good luck to all!

I think it was for a different department, Comm Sc is not Comm arts, it's confusing how they separate the department

I think it was for a different department, Comm Sc is not Comm arts, it's confusing how they separate the department

Don't know about the other areas of focus, but I applied to Communication Sciences at UW-Madison and was the person who posted about the interview. I just got my acceptance email from my likely advisor with full funding, but I'm not sure if other areas of focus (Comm Arts, Media Culture, etc.) are interviewing/making decisions now. Comm. Science may have been the only focus area to conduct interviews, as I guess there were fewer spots this year since they over-enrolled last year? Not sure, but don't give up hope! This is my first acceptance after a rejection and a waitlisting, so you never know til you know! Good luck to all!

yes! i am confused too!! i applied to the program called communication arts which includes four areas of study, one of them is comm sc...

Edited by vincenthl

yes! i am confused too!! i applied to the program called communication arts which includes four areas of study, one of them is comm sc...

Yes, Communication Arts is the Department name, and then within the department there is Communication Science, Film, Media & Cultural Studies, and Rhetoric, Politics and Culture as the four different areas of study. All I know is that they have made decisions about the Communication Science area. Hope that helps clarify! :)

Does anyone know if USC Annenberg does interviews at all? Nobody has ever reported being interviewed by them.

As far as I know, no. I also sent you a private message which you, apparently, don't seem to notice :P

Edited by Saviya

Yes, Communication Arts is the Department name, and then within the department there is Communication Science, Film, Media & Cultural Studies, and Rhetoric, Politics and Culture as the four different areas of study. All I know is that they have made decisions about the Communication Science area. Hope that helps clarify! :)

Now they just gotta get the Rhetoric, Politics, and Culture people moving for me to be happy.

I just got rejected by Cornell as well...check your spam folder. It was in my spam folder :( second rejection letter. only two left.

I'm in the same boat as you. Cornell was my 2nd rejection & I only have 2 more to go :( sigh.