Penn GSE

HigherEd2013

Um, okay weird question. I seem to remember Penn opening a new facility recently, it had a lot of study space, I think it had something to do with interdisciplinary mingling, and I remember that it was very blue with a sort of '60s futuristic design ethic. Anybody know what I'm talking about?

note: There's a 10% chance I imagined this, and a 40% chance this is at a different school.

You may be thinking of the Graduate Student Center. It's a fairly small building on the main drag of campus - small but managed very well with lots of space for graduate students and free coffee. Other than that, the Law School has a new building, there's a new nanotech building that should be opening soon, and there's always construction going on around the hospital, but I rarely venture down that way.

In general, Penn trumpets it's cross-disciplinary culture, so I'm sure any building anyone talked about was called "interdisciplinary"

Yes. Do you know when your friend/coworker received the email saying everything was complete?

I think the very end of December, but possibly very early January.

I just got a UPS Delivery Alert on a package shipped from UNIV PENNSYLVANIA-OUTBOUND scheduled for delivery this Wednesday. Hmmmm... :ph34r:
:o!! I need to check my email...thanks for letting us know!

Just got my acceptance for the PhD program in the mail. I'm guessing that's what is on the way to others - mine probably just arrived earlier since I'm in the Philadelphia area.

Edited by thedeadsea

Did anyone else who got an acceptance to the Higher Ed program get a UPS shipping notification/something in the mail? Trying to decode!!

I'm guessing it's for the PhD program. :huh:  Because my acceptance letter was linked to the online app.

Hi Everybody,

Logged into my account earlier today and got an acceptance from the Higher Ed program.  I still have not received an email so definitely go check it out.  My application was complete on 1/16/13.

Best of luck!  This was my first response from the schools I applied to.

Hi Everybody,

Logged into my account earlier today and got an acceptance from the Higher Ed program.  I still have not received an email so definitely go check it out.  My application was complete on 1/16/13.

Best of luck!  This was my first response from the schools I applied to.

Haha, same here! Congrats! And I think the e-mail doesn't go out until the next morning for some reason.

I applied to the PennGSE ECS Ph.D. program but I didn't get accepted.  However, I got a personalized email from the program director urging me to apply to the M.Ed. program. The email was personalized and referred to specifics from my personal statement, does anyone think that my acceptance to the M.Ed is a foregone conclusion?  Or am I just being too optimistic.  

Just wanted to let you guys know I just received a phone call from Penn. Just a reminder about Preview weekend. But I thought I'd share :)

^^ as for your application, Fraserized, I agree with

M26. Especially since the program director contacted you with such specifics.

Haha, same here! Congrats! And I think the e-mail doesn't go out until the next morning for some reason.

Me too! I had a 1/16 completion date and got my acceptance letter sometime before 10am this morning :). WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! I'm so happy. @m26, check your status tomorrow!

For everyone that got accepted to the Higher Education M.S.Ed program - do you know when the link was posted to your acceptance letter online?  Just wondering if acceptances are going live at the same time each day or if it varies.  I know someone threw out 2pm before, but just wondering if you were able to tell about when it was posted.  I am tired of checking the status many times a day! :)

I checked at 1:40 p.m. yesterday and it happened to be there.  I got an email at 1:32 a.m. today letting me know that my decision is now available.  I'm not sure when it was added though because it sounds like somebody else checked earlier in the day yesterday.  Good luck.  Have you heard from anybody else yet?  I'm still waiting on 5 more schools and have started checking their sites all day too, to no avail......

For everyone that got accepted to the Higher Education M.S.Ed program - do you know when the link was posted to your acceptance letter online?  Just wondering if acceptances are going live at the same time each day or if it varies.  I know someone threw out 2pm before, but just wondering if you were able to tell about when it was posted.  I am tired of checking the status many times a day! :)

Gosh.. I wish I knew the exact time. I can definitely tell you it was in the morning though. I checked my status religiously beforehand.. something like 11pm the night before. I was busy at work most of the morning, but then checked around 10am EST and it was there.

Good luck! They may do these in mini waves because I know a lot of us got decisions on the same day. Maybe tomorrow will be another wave. Don't lose hope yet! :)