Acceptance Freakout Thread

Seriously. I'm already expecting the worst.

I feel you.  What if NYU calls today as well?  I don't know if I could handle that.  Then again, I need to get my rejections over with...

Edited by Two Espressos

I feel you. What if NYU calls today as well? I don't know if I could handle that. Then again, I need to get my rejections over with...

Two Espressos let's hold hands and pray to Beckett.

I feel you.  What if NYU calls today as well?  I don't know if I could handle that.  Then again, I need to get my rejections over with...

I'm waiting for both NW and NYU as well, I feel like I'm going to die.

Oh dear, I'm so not going to get these two, what was I thinking?

Congrats(ish?) Deadinthewater! I'm going to guess Iowa now that they have another acceptance up...

Thanks, and thanks for responses from other people. Won't be able to call the professor back until tomorrow, but it feels nice (really nice) to have a tentative acceptance to begin this process (even if it is from my last choice).

To quote someone from last year, and a great pop icon of our time: "It's definitely not a Nashville party."

For me too. :( 

I thought I wouldn't care because they weren't even close to being my first choice, but since it is my first notification I can't help but think it is a sign of things to come.

So even though I didn't apply to Vandy, you guys got me curious and I looked at the results page.

28iusxy.gif

Good Lord.  I am so sorry, y'all.  If it makes you feel any better, there are a couple of (married) profs in my department who both went to Vandy.  One of my former Masters cohort asked one of them for a LOR to Vandy and she just sighed and said, "I'll write you a letter, but you should know I couldn't even get my own children in there."  Trust me, it is probably not you - it's just one of those schools that nobody ever seems to get into.

For me too. :(

I thought I wouldn't care because they weren't even close to being my first choice, but since it is my first notification I can't help but think it is a sign of things to come.

I wouldn't say that! Vandy takes like 2%. I wouldn't take a rejection from a school of that caliber (or, really, from any school) as a reflection of any of your other chances. It's still super early!

waparys, are you a student at the FU or at the Humboldt University? I'm just curious because I'm from Germany as well but I'm studying in Kiel. :)

Nope I don't study in Berlin. Have just been resident here for almost 10 years. 

Not to seem totally neurotic, but where in the alphabet are the people who have heard from Vandy so far?  I'm trying to come up with any reason why I might not have gotten a rejection yet...  other than, y'know, the good one.

Last year they didn't send out rejections before acceptances.  But it's weird that nobody has posted an acceptance yet if they've sent them out already.

I feel like there's a hammer hanging over my head.

Edited by jrockford27