Acceptance Freakout Thread

Just remember guys, there's hope for us all! I've been planning what to do with my gap year, since I assumed my first 2 rejections were a sign of things to come. But look at me now! Planning my trip to New York City!

I'm just really happy right now. Even though this isn't an acceptance, I feel so very accepted at the moment.

Donthate, por la entrevista en español, no hable ingles por que ingles es mas fácil.

¿Sí? Me español es muy mal. :(

pantalones . . . ?

Seriously, you should have applied to comp lit

pantalones . . . ?

This made me giggle. And also think about Eddie Izzard and his goofy French when he just starts singing "Et je n'ai paaaas mes pantalons!"

Sorry. Totally off topic. But my anxiety level from hearing nothing has me at a constant, spastic state of social ineptitude.

And it will be mostly conducted in SPANISH. Fuck

DontHate, did you apply to the ICLS through the department of Latin American and Iberian Cultures? I noticed the English app also had a box to indicate you were interested (I'm technically qualified in terms of number of languages and transnational work, but it just didn't seem to be the strongest minor for me).

ETA: Also, congrats!

Edited by Laokoon

Planning my trip to New York City!

I'm just really happy right now. Even though this isn't an acceptance, I feel so very accepted at the moment.

Congrats and enjoy your trip to NYC! Columbia is beautiful beyond words. I don't know how interviews work and whether or not you will be able to explore Columbia's campus, but I would highly suggest trying to poke around their main library for fun. 

Congrats to you and also to the Chicago admit, wherever you may be!

Thank you! I was not expecting anything from Chicago for quite some time (as I think I mentioned in an earlier post) and then I wake up to an e-mail. I can't even contain myself right now. Not sure how I'm supposed to function at work and in classes the rest of the day!

Thank you! I was not expecting anything from Chicago for quite some time (as I think I mentioned in an earlier post) and then I wake up to an e-mail. I can't even contain myself right now. Not sure how I'm supposed to function at work and in classes the rest of the day!

Congratulations on Chicago! That's great! Would you mind letting us know if the email was personalized? If the same one was sent out to everyone, I can just assume the rejection and stop checking my inbox.

Congrats big10champ! Amazing!

It is now hitting me how much I appreciate my early acceptance... as all of my reach schools quietly implicitly reject me. I knew that I did, but now it is extremely clear. It makes this much easier. 

Edited by asleepawake

Congratulations on Chicago! That's great! Would you mind letting us know if the email was personalized? If the same one was sent out to everyone, I can just assume the rejection and stop checking my inbox.

Definitely personalized. It sent from a member of faculty's e-mail address with a graduate studies coordinator CC'd.

Nobody should be counting themselves out yet.

DontHate, did you apply to the ICLS through the department of Latin American and Iberian Cultures? I noticed the English app also had a box to indicate you were interested (I'm technically qualified in terms of number of languages and transnational work, but it just didn't seem to be the strongest minor for me).

ETA: Also, congrats!

Yes, I did ICLS through LAIC. (lots of acronyms). You can apply to ICLS one of two times: during your initial application, or in your third year. The English department is also called "English and Comparative Literature" so I'm sure you could be just fine without ICLS too.

Yes, I did ICLS through LAIC. (lots of acronyms). You can apply to ICLS one of two times: during your initial application, or in your third year. The English department is also called "English and Comparative Literature" so I'm sure you could be just fine without ICLS too.
My thoughts exactly! Well, best of luck with your interview.