Acceptance Freakout Thread

Hi everyone, I haven't participated much in this thread, but I just got an email saying my Duke decision was ready. Apparently, I got a funded offer.... But I didn't interview at all. This is a mistake, right? (My hands are shaking as I type.)l

Edit: This is the English PhD.

Edited by joy illimited

Hi everyone, I haven't participated much in this thread, but I just got an email saying my Duke decision was ready. Apparently, I got a funded offer.... But I didn't interview at all. This is a mistake, right? (My hands are shaking as I type.)

I hope for your sake it's not. Congrats!!

P.S. I think they were interviewing for Literature, not English. 

Edited by waparys

Hi everyone, I haven't participated much in this thread, but I just got an email saying my Duke decision was ready. Apparently, I got a funded offer.... But I didn't interview at all. This is a mistake, right? (My hands are shaking as I type.)l Edit: This is the English PhD.
A million apologies, that was meant to be an upvote. Congratulations!

Hi everyone, I haven't participated much in this thread, but I just got an email saying my Duke decision was ready. Apparently, I got a funded offer.... But I didn't interview at all. This is a mistake, right? (My hands are shaking as I type.)l

Edit: This is the English PhD.

Awesome! Duke!

Congrats on Duke! Now pardon me while I refresh the status page 8 billion times a day... (though I applied for Lit, and I'm kind of assuming it's a rejection since I got no invite)

In at Buffalo. So so fucking excited.

I am about to teach in 4 minutes but I need to compose myself because I just got into freaking Buffalo.

AWESOME! Congrats to you both!

Congrats on Duke! Now pardon me while I refresh the status page 8 billion times a day... (though I applied for Lit, and I'm kind of assuming it's a rejection since I got no invite)

Best of luck!

Congrats to everyone on the Buffalo and Chicago acceptances...and much luck to everyone else waiting to hear from schools! Hang in there! [This was actually the first school I've received news from (with implied rejections from NYU and Indiana).]

About five minutes after the admissions site-generated email notification, I received a very nice email from Nancy Armstrong. She also informed me of a fellowship nomination. So I think my permanent expression is one of disbelief/deer in headlights. I'm the worst employee today.

I'm in at Chicago. Did. Not. See. That. Coming.

In shock. Cannot think.

Edited to say: ignore the application season in my profile. I applied for Fall.

Congratulations!

I hope we get lots more good news this week for everyone. It ain't over till it's over!