Who all are waiting for BME PhD Decisions?

noob49

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got rejected by university of Washington and ucsd. I am checking my email constantly and thinking about what I would do if I don't get in anywhere. So you're not alone lol

I did not apply to those universities (I should have but I did not haha), yes I was wondering where were the bme people. 

I have not received anything yet, no email, haha ... hopefully they are going to come soon.

I did not apply to those universities (I should have but I did not haha), yes I was wondering where were the bme people.

I have not received anything yet, no email, haha ... hopefully they are going to come soon.

Where did you apply to??

Where did you apply to??

John Hopkins, UC Berkeley, Stanford, Case, Northwestern, Florida, Brown ... does someone know if some of these universities have already sent invitations for interviews. I am just waiting and waiting :/

I applied to Berkeley and case as well and I haven't got anything yet.

I got an email in early January from case asking for extra information. In the email they said the open house will be on February 22nd-23rd. After this email I haven't received anything else.

Edited by noob49

When you are talking about UC Berkeley, are you talking about the UC Berkeley-UCSF program in Bioengineering? I've heard from all other schools that I care about, except for this program :(

Yes UC Berkeley-UCSF joint phd program. Haven't heard anything yet

When you are talking about UC Berkeley, are you talking about the UC Berkeley-UCSF program in Bioengineering? I've heard from all other schools that I care about, except for this program :(

Which other schools have you applied to? What did they respond to you?

Which other schools have you applied to? What did they respond to you?

I applied to Bioengineering at Caltech and MIT, and got interviews there. I tried Chemical Engineering at University of Texas at Austin, but I got a rejection from there. I'm waiting for Stanford Chemical Engineering, but I'm not expecting to get an interview. I guess it wasn't the right program for me (my undergrad is in immunology)!

Hey all, I have applied to UCB-UCSF joing BE program, but haven't heard from them yet either. I have also emailed them through the website, but no response. If anyone does receive anything from them, please let us know here...

I got a reply from Berkeley Bioengineering Program. She looks like a coordinator or something.

------------------

Good Morning,

We are in the process of sending invites this week--we are waiting on a last-minute administrative detail before we notify. 

Please do not be concerned, nothing has been sent to students since final decisions were made late last week.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have further questions, thank you!

Kristin

------------------

So I guess invitations will arrive very shortly.

I got a reply from Berkeley Bioengineering Program. She looks like a coordinator or something.

------------------

Good Morning,

We are in the process of sending invites this week--we are waiting on a last-minute administrative detail before we notify. 

Please do not be concerned, nothing has been sent to students since final decisions were made late last week.

Kristin

------------------

Thanks for sharing this!! Now please excuse me while I go stare anxiously at my inbox for the next 3 days...

Thanks for sharing this!! Now please excuse me while I go stare anxiously at my inbox for the next 3 days...

Hahaha, me too...

------------------

Good Morning,

Kristin

------------------

Thanks so much! that was so helpful. 

Nothing from Brown or Case.

On 1/22/2013 at 5:23 PM, ryancho said:

------------------

Good Morning,

Kristin

------------------

And thanks for sharing that. Even though I have no hope left for berkeley. 

Has anyone heard from Duke? I'm really anxious to hear from them. JHU sent me something last week asking for my transcript (something wrong with it) but that they would be making their final decisions at the end of last week. I'm guessing since I haven't heard anything this week that I was rejected...

Applied (BioE/BME PhD): Duke, WashU in St. Louis, MIT, BU, GA Tech, Penn, U Mich, Northwestern, Harvard, JHU

Interviews: UMichigan (notified 1/11/13), kind of a phone interview from a prof from Harvard (1/23/13)
Accepted: GA Tech (unofficial acceptance 1/17/13)

Rejected: ?? :(

Hey guys, I just got an email from Berkeley that I am invited for an interview. They have two interview sessions (Feb 24-25 and Mar 4-5) and I am planning to attend the first one. Hope I can see some of people here there!

Hi Ryancho,

Did you hear back from UPenn? When had you submitted your application?

Thanks

Hey, I applied to neuroscience programs for most of schools, including UPenn. I only applied to Berkeley for BE program. :)

If you have not heard from anything, I suggest you to directly contact them, via phone or email. Usually most of coordinators are very kind.

Hey guys, I just got an email from Berkeley that I am invited for an interview. They have two interview sessions (Feb 24-25 and Mar 4-5) and I am planning to attend the first one. Hope I can see some of people here there!

Can you tell me what kind of experience you have? Your gpa and gre scores? Cause I didn't hear anything back from Berkeley Edited by eio104