University of Michigan CPEP

mbug

Hi everyone. I am going crazy over here wondering what's going on with UMich's combined program in education and psychology's admissions process. In the last few years, it looks like admissions went out around January 19th. This year, nobody has posted any results yet. Just curious whether anyone has been in contact with professors and/or the secretary and knows anything about the time frame of when we should expect to hear back this year?

Hi mbug, 

I haven't received a response from them either. I think I will just assume that it means that I am rejected. It seems like we should've gotten a response already if it was an acceptance, but that is just my opinion. People don't seem to post results every year, and they seem to have gotten rejections in feb/march and acceptances in mid jan in the past. :(

Did you apply to any other schools? Good luck!

That's what I've been thinking also, but I've been trying to hold on to some hope that maybe they are running a bit behind schedule this year. Definitely my dream program, I'm sad to think that it's a rejection :(. Maybe we can still make the waitlist. I only applied to one other program, which is a Human Development and Family Studies Ph.D. program at Michigan State. Where else did you apply?

• 11 months later...
  • 6 years later...
18 hours ago, pb98 said:

Have you heard anything yet?

Hi! I haven't heard anything from them yet. Once I received an email from them, I'll immediately give you an update. Thank you for responding to my question.

Edited by AndyDaphne

7 hours ago, AndyDaphne said:

Hi! I haven't heard anything from them yet. Once I received an email from them, I'll immediately give you an update. Thank you for responding to my question.

Sounds good! If I hear anything from them I will update you as well!

11 hours ago, pb98 said:

where else did you apply?

I applied to only two US universities however, I got rejected in one of them. I submitted most of my requirements to European and Australian universities.

Just now, pb98 said:

just got an email that I was rejected):

Hi! I am about to inform you that I also received an email. Rejected too.

I'll probably try again next application round. Thank you for updating me.

2 hours ago, AndyDaphne said:

Hi! I am about to inform you that I also received an email. Rejected too.

I'll probably try again next application round. Thank you for updating me.

me too! Sorry to hear):