Comparative Literature, 2013

Chicago results are up on the result search board. Congrats to those who made it!

My assumed rejection from Chicago is now almost official... sigh. Can anyone who are in at Chicago share with me research interests and POIs?

I believe my assumed rejection is official too. :(

So has Penn State notified everyone? Since my interview, radio silence...Although I have other better acceptances, I am just curious.

How long ago was your interview? What did they even ask you?

I'm curious because I have an interview coming up and I am dying for some advice/help.

Looks like Stanford is notifying for Comp Lit or did I only realise this now?

How terrifying! I'll be traveling for the next two weeks, also I'm not sure which address I put down on my application...oh boy I want to know now! Who sends rejections via post?

Also, quick question to those who were notified about Stanford Comp Lit via post: did you also get an e-mail or website status change?

Edited by ghijklmn

I just had a freak-out moment where I realized that not hearing back from my last 4 schools may mean that I have already been rejected, because they sent acceptances to other people who just aren't registering them on grad cafe. Ahhh. I know we're all going through this, I just hope that my assumption is wrong.

Here's another question: is the chair of a department usually part of the admissions committee? 

And to answer another question which was asked elsewhere: Yes, Harvard has President's Day off, so no one was making decisions on our behalf there today.

Hi, jiajia! Penn State just emailed me too. But told me to wait for funding (not sure if this means being wait-listed). Did they offer you a place?
Hi Gustav, I actually didn't quite understand what the director meant by inviting me to their Recruitment Weekend, but I have turned down the offer cuz I am going elsewhere.