SAIS fellowship email

I got an email yesterday from SAIS letting me know about three different fellowships I can apply for for 2013-2014. I am just wondering if everyone who applied got this email? Or if this might be somewhat of an indicator about good chances for admission? 

• 2 weeks later...

To those who didn't receive emails: I got the scholarship resource one, but never received the one about my application being complete! I contacted admissions, and they said they had sent an email weeks ago. I checked my secondary email, and my spam filters in both accounts, and nada! Moral of the story, maybe your scholarship emails got launched into the same black hole?

On a similar note, did anyone get an email from the Fletcher Admissions Director about their application? I got one yesterday where the Director said she enjoyed reading my application and suggested I check out their website etc. She mentioned my school etc. so it wasn't generic but I'm not sure if she emailed her fav applicants or what.

On a similar note, did anyone get an email from the Fletcher Admissions Director about their application? I got one yesterday where the Director said she enjoyed reading my application and suggested I check out their website etc. She mentioned my school etc. so it wasn't generic but I'm not sure if she emailed her fav applicants or what.

I didn't get anything ;(

Didnt get that one. Very early, especially according to their timetable, to communicate with people right? Good sign?

I received a similar email from an Assistant Director last week, saying he was the person on the admissions staff who read my application, and he enjoyed reading about my work at [insert company name]. I was very happy and surprised to get a personalized email, but I wasn't sure how much to read into it. I would like to hope it's because I'm a competitive applicant, but I was thinking another factor could be when people submit their applications. I submitted mine in early December, so it could very well be that my application was just at the top of the pile. 

And in response to the original post, I received the fellowship email as well. It seemed to be a generic email, so I wondered if it was just sent to everyone who applied for financial aid? In any case, I'll be trying my luck with the Philip Merril Fellowship. Good luck to everyone applying!

I received a similar email from an Assistant Director last week, saying he was the person on the admissions staff who read my application, and he enjoyed reading about my work at [insert company name]. I was very happy and surprised to get a personalized email, but I wasn't sure how much to read into it. I would like to hope it's because I'm a competitive applicant, but I was thinking another factor could be when people submit their applications. I submitted mine in early December, so it could very well be that my application was just at the top of the pile. 

And in response to the original post, I received the fellowship email as well. It seemed to be a generic email, so I wondered if it was just sent to everyone who applied for financial aid? In any case, I'll be trying my luck with the Philip Merril Fellowship. Good luck to everyone applying!

I sent mine in like an hour before deadline so I think they just want select applicants to know that they really want them there. I talked to someone who works for admissions and they said that Fletcher has a good PR approach to this process. They really want people to choose Fletcher if down the road the admitted students have options. They may be rolling out more of these emails to other folks so I wouldn't read too much into it..

just realized that i havent turned in my financial aid application form.

did those who received an e-mail turn it in?

The SAIS fin aid application is due on 15th I believe? I haven't turned mine in yet, will probably do it in a day or two. The named fellowships may have a later deadline if I remember correctly.

Log back in to the Apply Yourself portal where you submitted your online application - it's in the "downloadable forms" section. 

I applied to the Priscilla Mason fellowship - anyone else? It said to submit your application to SAIS Admissions so I just emailed it to them. Anyone know if that is what we are supposed to do? It's been 5 days and I haven't gotten a confirmation that my materials were received yet. But I guess it's a busy time!

Actually, I just created a google e-mail account and I receive all other e-mails just fine.

Guess I'm not a competitive applicant =/

I wouldn't worry about the SAIS fellowship emails being received or not. Their blog post says pretty much the same thing: http://admissionsatsais.tumblr.com/post/42604759871/guest-blog-post-financial-aid 

I wouldn't worry about the SAIS fellowship emails being received or not. Their blog post says pretty much the same thing: http://admissionsatsais.tumblr.com/post/42604759871/guest-blog-post-financial-aid 

Thank you so much!!

I'm pretty sure I wasn't qualified to get a fellowship but I will look into the website ;) 

Thank you so much!!

I'm pretty sure I wasn't qualified to get a fellowship but I will look into the website ;)

you may be eligible for the Norton one if your interest is in security issues. it's open to international students :)