one school left and praying for a miracle... lol

BigCheese

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh LAME. I'm sorry. You'll hear...and it'll be good :D

yeah...we'll see. :| that's if I don't call them up first and say, "eff you guys, I'm withdrawing my application since I'm obviously already rejected anyway and you guys just don't have the stones to write a proper email."

I wish I were more kidding about that than I really am. :| I think I should discontinue my phone service from now til the end of the month to prevent such outbursts.

I definitely can commiserate with disconnecting my phone service. I am THIS close to calling Iowa just because I'm so damn anxious. But I keep telling myself to wait, wait wait.... it's almost April for pete's sakes.

Today I found out that the school I thought waitlisted me apparently never did. I emailed the grad director (after the grad secretary encouraged me to) and received a cryptic email, that 4 people (including myself and one of my profs) thought meant waitlisted. This was back in February, I was told I would hear back in 4-6 weeks. Last week I emailed her again to confirm I was waitlisted (after re-reading the email several thousand times, I became nervous) and how their waitlist worked.

Found out today that apparently they do not have a waitlist and do not plan on offering me admission...so now I'm down to one school (my last choice, and a school I'm pretty sure is just taking its sweet time rejecting me).

Today I found out that the school I thought waitlisted me apparently never did. I emailed the grad director (after the grad secretary encouraged me to) and received a cryptic email, that 4 people (including myself and one of my profs) thought meant waitlisted. This was back in February, I was told I would hear back in 4-6 weeks. Last week I emailed her again to confirm I was waitlisted (after re-reading the email several thousand times, I became nervous) and how their waitlist worked.

Found out today that apparently they do not have a waitlist and do not plan on offering me admission...so now I'm down to one school (my last choice, and a school I'm pretty sure is just taking its sweet time rejecting me).

I have one word for that. LAME. WHY do these programs insist on torturing us like this?!

I have one word for that. LAME. WHY do these programs insist on torturing us like this?!

Exactly! If they were going to reject me, then why didn't she say so back in February? Other schools I emailed seemed to have no trouble rejecting me over email, lol. I hated having to wait.

Exactly! If they were going to reject me, then why didn't she say so back in February? Other schools I emailed seemed to have no trouble rejecting me over email, lol. I hated having to wait.

I prefer the ones that you force to reject you over the phone..."err...I...Well....Unfortunately we...can't extend...admission to you at...this time...errrr..." LoL! :lol: It kind of makes the suffering worth it to torture them back a little.