Human Development and Family Studies

Angelinayue

I've heard from a couple professors via phone regarding my research interests....which aren't my POI's. Should be hearing back within the next week or so! Most of mine have recruitment weekends.

Yeah~ At least you have heard from professors. Hope you will get admission.

I have heard from Minnesota. Anyone heard from Penn State?

Edited by Angelinayue

I applied to Purdue HDFS as well. Still no news :( Did they email you?
Nope mailed a letter stating rejection. I saw on the results someone got accepted via email though. I was contacted by professors that weren't my POI's, so I figured that there was a good chance I may not get accepted due to match

Nope mailed a letter stating rejection. I saw on the results someone got accepted via email though. I was contacted by professors that weren't my POI's, so I figured that there was a good chance I may not get accepted due to match

I got a mail from Purdue. Rejected. 

I was accepted to Human Development (PhD) at UC Davis and Child Development (MA) as well. I also attended the recruitment day two weeks ago, and the HD program at UC Davis was so great. The atmosphere of the current grauduate students and the professors...everything was way better than I expected. That program shares manythings such as professors and labs with developmental psychology department, and it is very interdiciplinary. Since I am on the short waitlist at one of the top schools, I am just waiting for good news from there. But if I will not hear back from other schools, I will be seriously considering to get into UC Davis. However, I cannot find any information about that program of UC Davis. Even in the US News ranking, there's no information about human development programs at all. Where can I find/get it? I have no idea which school is the best in this major. (I applied to other schools for psychology or education programs..) If there's someone who knows about the program at UC Davis, PM plz.

Did anybody here apply to UNCG? I saw a couple of other acceptances on the results page.

I applied to UNCG but have not heard anything back.  I got an e-mail from the financial aid office today saying that my financial aid requirements are incomplete, but the only reason it is incomplete is because a decision has not been made on my application yet...so really nothing to do with me.  So, not sure where I am in their application process.  

Edited by eaboo316

I applied to UNCG but have not heard anything back.  I got an e-mail from the financial aid office today saying that my financial aid requirements are incomplete, but the only reason it is incomplete is because a decision has not been made on my application yet...so really nothing to do with me.  So, not sure where I am in their application process.  

I was just accepted this morning. I think all of their professors are on their own timelines so you might want to email or call.

I was just accepted this morning. I think all of their professors are on their own timelines so you might want to email or call.

Congrats on your acceptance!  I will probably contact them soon, I am not too hung up on it though.  Thanks for letting me know!!

I got interview from Michigan Statement on Feb 15. But after that, no news. Any one also being interviewed by MSU, human development and family studies. Any news from them?

Hi, I went to Michigan State's HDFS interview weekend (Feb 15th) and found out shortly after that that I was accepted to the program. However, I never received an official letter of acceptance, I was just told by my potential future advisor. If I were you, I would ask the department for any news on your acceptance.

Hi, I went to Michigan State's HDFS interview weekend (Feb 15th) and found out shortly after that that I was accepted to the program. However, I never received an official letter of acceptance, I was just told by my potential future advisor. If I were you, I would ask the department for any news on your acceptance.

Hello mbug, thanks SOOO much for your reply. I'm been so confused. It's been three weeks after the interview. How did you find out your acceptance? I emailed the secretary, she said she didn't hear from the committee yet. I didn't directly ask my potential advisor, so she didn't tell me. 

Would you share the experience on the interview day? I didn't go the MSU, I had a skype interview. How many applicants (approximately) were there for the interview? 

Thanks again. I appreciate your any sharing. I'm online.