University of Chicago SSA - anyone here back yet?

mstea

I'm aware of what it says on the website but if I'm not mistaken, last year some people found out as early as 1/27. I also called and was told its possible to find out either the last week of January or at the latest by first week of february. @cequinlivan I wonder if we'll get a e-mail on 'change of status' over the weekend...but most likely will have to hang in there through another weekend of uncertainty T_T

mstea, you've heard back from Boston University?

I guess I should fix my signature thingy. I've applied to USF (University of San Francisco) in addition to noted schools + heard back from all except Chicago & BU. However, I just withdrew my application for BU a week ago. It was not my first choice but I wanted options...I was thoroughly unimpressed because I had such an atrocious time working with their admissions team from the time I met the condescending admissions rep down to how they arrange conversations with current students and alumni. The final straw was when after weeks of telling me my application was complete they told me they did not receive one transcript then later e-mailed me to say they did. And then sent me an additional e-mail telling me to disregard the previously noted phone number in that email and sent me a correct one to their admissions office. What a joke!

In any case... really, really, really hope to hear from Chicago soon...!

Hey again everyone,

I wrote to Chicago yesterday and asked when we would hear back. The Director of Admissions just wrote back and said that they will release their decisions no later than February 15th.

What a nail-biter!

Hang in there!

Thanks for the update..!!! 

Hey again everyone,

I wrote to Chicago yesterday and asked when we would hear back. The Director of Admissions just wrote back and said that they will release their decisions no later than February 15th.

What a nail-biter!

Hang in there!

Thank you! I'm actually leaning more towards Smith than Penn because of Smith's emphasis on clinical work and I like the idea of Smith's unique program. Is there a school you're leaning more towards?

I'm torn between Upenn and Chicago -- I'm pretty sure I'm turning down NYU despite the clinical edge because the other two are just too awesome to me to turn down. I LOVE Chicago as a city and their program is ranked pretty high up for social work. But I'm finding it hard to turn down Upenn because of how much I loved my visit there. Ahhh.. I hope the universe gives me a sign soon...!

HOLY SHIT!!! I GOT IN! Now it's time to worry about $$$$$. Good luck ladies & gents!

That's so awesome, mstea! Woo hoo!!!!

I haven't heard anything yet, which is kind of freaking me out.  :unsure:  I'm hoping it's because you applied earlier than me... When did you submit?

I haven't heard anything yet, which is kind of freaking me out.  :unsure:  I'm hoping it's because you applied earlier than me... When did you submit?

I'm freaking out also. I applied 12/1 and haven't heard any news yet. My application status still says "submitted" online also.