Teachers College

ctcpx084

Do you guys know if they even interview the MA in (Science) Education applicants? All the schools I've gotten interviews at explicitly mentioned interviews. I'm probably being antsy. I know decisions will be out in about twooo weeks but if you're visiting this forum you know you're the type to have ants in your pants. 

Congrats to all that got in! If anyone has any questions about the school in general, the area, or CCTE, shoot me a message!

Edited by Edugy

Absolutely! It's April 11th!

I'll be speaking at the student panel that day, looking forward to hearing everyone's questions!

Edited by Edugy

I believe that a lot of their programs are rolling, so it just depends on when your application went in. It seems that a bunch of us heard back on Tuesday night, though! 

On an unrelated note -- have you heard from Penn? I applied there, too, and have been waiting for a while. 

I believe that a lot of their programs are rolling, so it just depends on when your application went in. It seems that a bunch of us heard back on Tuesday night, though! 

On an unrelated note -- have you heard from Penn? I applied there, too, and have been waiting for a while. 

Hmm, thanks for the info! I haven't heard from Penn yet either. I applied Jan. 15th. The anticipation!

I still haven't heard back...does anyone know if they release all of their master's admits in bulk?

I applied for a MA-TESOL before their early deadline and also still have not heard back. I called and they said to expect a decision around the middle of March, so hopefully sometime next week (though really it could be any day now). Hang in there!

Does anyone know the approximate size of the Education Policy MA and/or M.Ed program? Even a ballpark guess would be helpful. 

http://www.tc.columbia.edu/i/a/document/26421_2012GraduateSurveyReport.pdf

According to this, there were 81 graduates in 2012 (including PHDs). Take a look at page 36 -- it has a breakdown by degree type.

Does anyone know the approximate size of the Education Policy MA and/or M.Ed program? Even a ballpark guess would be helpful. 

I applied for Sociology&Education, heard about nothing... The director told me that I might get the decision sometime by the end of march, but I think it should be earlier...or does it mean that they would reject me?

Is there any insight on the true difference between TC's Ed.M and M.A. degrees in their Education Policy & Social Analysis department? While the credits needed for the two degrees are certainly contrasting, I've noticed the discrepancy between the large amount of people in the MA programs vs. Ed.M. Could anyone shed any light on this? :) 

Ed.M. = people who already have a master's degree (or significant graduate coursework) and wanting to apply graduate coursework to another graduate degree.

MA= No prior credits/just a bachelor's degree (most candidates)

Thanks for the information! Also, congrats on all of your acceptances! I had no idea about the previous graduate coursework for EdM, do you (or anybody) know where I can find more information on their site about it? Since this seems to be different than the usual graduate school structure? 

Thank you Georgia. I am sorry I cannot answer your question as well as I would like to. But here is where I got my information: http://klingenstein.org/content/ma-full-year-faq-0

Scroll down to the bottom and you will see this information:

Can I transfer credits from previous graduate work?

Students pursuing the M.A. degree are required to have all 32 credits earned at Teachers College. Students with previous graduate school work interested in the Ed.M. degree, may transfer a maximum of 30 qualified credits. Students are required to complete the Teachers College paperwork for review and approval of transfer credits. Please note that only graduate courses which have been (1) completed with grades of B or higher, (2) submitted on an official transcript from a regionally accredited institution, and (3) granted/assigned credit on the transcript of that institution, may be considered for transfer credit.

Edited by OCD or Perfection?

Ed.M. = people who already have a master's degree (or significant graduate coursework) and wanting to apply graduate coursework to another graduate degree.

MA= No prior credits/just a bachelor's degree (most candidates)

I found that the degree I applied is Master of Education, and I'm just an undergraduate student now...Seems like I made a wrong choice...