Bad sign?

krisha

Looking through the result page I have seen my program and school has sent out acceptance letters. This has been over a week ago but mine still says pending. Brutal honesty here folks, is this a bad sign or should I hold out hope for those schools?

From what I've gathered it could mean a few things.  It could mean that you arent beinge accepted yet but they want to see if others accept the offers before formally accepting or rejecting you.  This basically functions as being unofficially waitlisted.  Or it could just simply mean that they havent made a decision on your app yet.

From what I've gathered it could mean a few things.  It could mean that you arent beinge accepted yet but they want to see if others accept the offers before formally accepting or rejecting you.  This basically functions as being unofficially waitlisted.  Or it could just simply mean that they havent made a decision on your app yet.

Thanks, I hope it is just not them taking a long time to send out rejections. Not sure why, but those seem to take longer.

It could very likely be any of the above-mentioned scenarios, so I wouldn't give up hope just yet.  Anything could happen until that letter comes.

That being said, one of my schools sent out several acceptances 8 days ago and I just received a rejection from them today.  It's very difficult to predict what's going on.

I'm in the same situation with two of my schools! Of those, one does waitlisting and one says it doesn't, so I am just holding on and thinking that anything except rejection is good.

It could very likely be any of the above-mentioned scenarios, so I wouldn't give up hope just yet.  Anything could happen until that letter comes.

That being said, one of my schools sent out several acceptances 8 days ago and I just received a rejection from them today.  It's very difficult to predict what's going on.

I saw the slew of rejections from U of Wisconsin for Political Science--brutal! My condolences to Quigley

krisha--the rejection aspect is probably the most confusing part of this process in my opinion. Some say that if you haven't heard yet, it means that you may be wait listed, as mentioned above. Another school of thought is that the application is still in the pile of consideration. My recent theory is that the rejections have already been decided, they just take their sweet time notifying applicants. Who knows!!??

My situation is different, in most of the music programs I applied to, you are guaranteed funding when accepted. This makes the process take quite awhile......