2013 SLP Admissions Thread!

waitlisted for USC. the letter was confusing to me in my panicked state. i was like...is this a rejection? im like 99% sure its a waitlist letter, lol. can someone tell me itll all be okay and that ill be accepted in the end? can someone make up statistics about people being accepted of the waitlist because ive been rejected everywhere else :(

Hey everyone! I am a first year grad student now, but decided to check up on this site because I remember how glued I was to my computer screen this time last year.  I just wanted to shine a little hope light for all of you that got waitlisted somewhere.  I was eventually accepted off of nearly every waitlist I was on over the course of the summer! I even had people call and ask again, just to make sure I didn't want to reconsider! A waitlist isn't a death sentence, just more anxiety as the wait continues!

Of course you join the club! Being wait listed is still better than nothing I suppose...

I know it is, and I keep trying to remind myself of that. But it's so hard to not have any solid answers yet, especially when a bunch of people in my program just got phone calls of acceptance to Pacific today.

Anyone on any wait list is welcome to wait it out with me! :) Keep your head up, it's not over yet. 

You too! Be nice to yourself, it seems like you've been really down recently

Haven't posted in a while... wanted to say congratulations to everyone who's heard back in the past few days!!! I kid you not, every time I see a familiar name get good news, I get so excited! :) And to everyone who's been wait-listed so far, I loved what kriskros, wrote above - keep your chin up, because spots will open up! 

I haven't gotten any news in a while. I saw UNCG started announcing, but I haven't heard or seen anything from them.  I'm guessing it will be soon though? Haven't heard from UNC about funding either, which is wracking me with anxiety.  Has anyone heard if they've started announcing about assistantships and such?  Just thought I'd put it out there.

Also it's horrible (and kinda funny I guess) - I've started having dreams that I get letters in the mail from various schools and then of course I can't seem to open them, or when I do, I instantly wake up.  I just want this whole thing to be over with!!!!

Anxiously awaiting App State and McGill too. Soooooon.

Ditto. I'm so sorry to hear about FSU, but there is still hope. It just sucks not having any concrete answers right now.

And congrats to everyone who received acceptances or promising waitlists!

Accepted to FSU and UNM on the same day!!! My face literally hurts from smiling too hard. Congrats to everyone with good news today, and DON'T GIVE UP HOPE (EVER) for those who didn't... I've been working on getting into grad school for 3 years!

Accepted to FSU and UNM on the same day!!! My face literally hurts from smiling too hard. Congrats to everyone with good news today, and DON'T GIVE UP HOPE (EVER) for those who didn't... I've been working on getting into grad school for 3 years!

YAY!!!!  Congratulations!  Hard work pays off!!! 

Thrilled for you! Perseverance pays off!

Yeah, this has been the most depressing experience I have ever been through. I feel like I have literally lost all direction and I feel so dejected. I'll likely stop posting on the forum because I feel so bad dragging everyone down from the euphoria of their well deserved acceptances.

Congrats again guys!! :)

Yeah, this has been the most depressing experience I have ever been through. I feel like I have literally lost all direction and I feel so dejected. I'll likely stop posting on the forum because I feel so bad dragging everyone down from the euphoria of their well deserved acceptances.

Congrats again guys!! :)

I don't want you to stop posting here! You're not dragging anyone down; you're being real. It sucks to get rejected; it sucks to be uncertain about your future.

When I hadn't heard from UVA and a few out-of-fielders already had, I threw the biggest pity party, got in an argument with my mom, etc. It was bad. And I didn't post about it here until now because I was embarrassed. But that's life--there are ups and downs, and it is awful when you want something so badly and aren't sure you can get it through no fault of your own.

I just think you have a great shot at UVA and off the USC waitlist. I really do.

Edited by midnight streetlight

Don't feel bad jmarti we all understand how stressful/depressing this can be. I am confident with your dedication to the field and your hard work that you will get in somewhere. I wish everyone who is still waiting or on a wait list the best of luck, and congrats to others who have posted acceptances!

Also it's horrible (and kinda funny I guess) - I've started having dreams that I get letters in the mail from various schools and then of course I can't seem to open them, or when I do, I instantly wake up.  I just want this whole thing to be over with!!!!

Last night I had a dream that I mis-dialed a number at work and accidentally called the graduate coordinator at Vanderbilt. Somehow in my dream I remembered her name and everything. She said she'd be happy to look up my admissions decision and let me know, but then I couldn't manage to say my name to her so she could. Lol!

I've had "work dreams" before, but this is a new take!

Edited by tuckerma

I know it is, and I keep trying to remind myself of that. But it's so hard to not have any solid answers yet, especially when a bunch of people in my program just got phone calls of acceptance to Pacific today.

Glad I'm not the only one who didn't hear about Pacific today...hopefully there will be more phone calls tomorrow.

Last night I had a dream that I mis-dialed a number at work and accidentally called the graduate coordinator at Vanderbilt. Somehow in my dream I remembered her name and everything. She said she'd be happy to look up my admissions decision and let me know, but then I couldn't manage to say my name to her so she could. Lol!

I've had "work dreams" before, but this is a new take!

Hahah yea really!!! That is hilarious - glad I'm not the only one!!!! Knowing me I would dream the same thing and just say all the wrong things, and wake up mortified....

Thank you so much for what you wrote. This means so much to me personally!

Congratulations!!! :D I am hoping for the same wonderful news! Was this your 3rd year applying? If so, what did you do differently that helped you this time around (I'm asking b/c I'm thinking of plan B, C, and D if I don't get in this year!!! So frustrating!!!)  ^_^