2013 SLP Admissions Thread!

From their original letter, I assumed that only those accepted during the second round will get a letter. Since their initial deadline was today, I believe that they will be making decisions this week and next. They did mention that they were in the process of compiling and ranking the waitlist way back in early March, so I am assuming that they are just going to move right down the list and notify until all spots are filled.

Powellg, congrats on your acceptance this year! I admire your perseverance, and this acceptance is something you clearly worked for. Enjoy your successes!

It was definitely a relief to get an acceptance, but I'm really torn about the entire situation.  I know I'm going to make an excellent SLP, but it's a shame that the the major deciding factor are an applicants GPA and GRE scores.  Our field is so much more than that.

Yet another wait list notification today...I feel like I am lost in limbo.  I am so glad to have an acceptance for next year but being on the wait list for my top choices makes it difficult  to relax about anything.  Opinions on staying on a wait list after accepting somewhere?  I feel like I can't give up on my dream program when there is still a chance...

Yet another wait list notification today...I feel like I am lost in limbo.  I am so glad to have an acceptance for next year but being on the wait list for my top choices makes it difficult  to relax about anything.  Opinions on staying on a wait list after accepting somewhere?  I feel like I can't give up on my dream program when there is still a chance...

Why not? It doesn't hurt to stay on the waitlist, and it may give you a chance at your dream program. 

You should accept the PSU offer as the deadline to accept their offer approaches, but still keep yourself on the waitlist(s) for your top choice. If anything, you would have to write a letter to your accepted school and say you can't go. At the very most, you'd lose an enrollment deposit. Keep up your hopes though! GL!

For those of you wait listed I offer some hope, I just got pulled off the wait list and accepted at Omaha. Now I am thinking that maybe I gave Radford my acceptance too soon...

For those of you wait listed I offer some hope, I just got pulled off the wait list and accepted at Omaha. Now I am thinking that maybe I gave Radford my acceptance too soon...

Congratulations!!! I am so happy for you.

Is it possible to revoke your acceptance to Radford, if you decide Omaha is better for you?

Congratulations!!! I am so happy for you.

Is it possible to revoke your acceptance to Radford, if you decide Omaha is better for you?

I'm sure they won't mind since it is before the April 15th deadline, however after initially freaking out about this, after looking at Omaha's program again I don't think it will be that great a fit for me. Radford seems better, so I will more than likely decline Omaha's offer. But I will sit on this for a few more hours.

I'm sure they won't mind since it is before the April 15th deadline, however after initially freaking out about this, after looking at Omaha's program again I don't think it will be that great a fit for me. Radford seems better, so I will more than likely decline Omaha's offer. But I will sit on this for a few more hours.

Sleep on it!  It never hurts to take a day or two, it's a big decision.  I know the feeling though - I keep going back and forth.........

Congrats!  How long do you have to make a decision?  I can imagine it being a very difficult situation!

I was the one who spaztically (not a real word? idk) posted two posts about making a group for University of Illinois! All those accepted and contemplating going there or already officially going there please join! :D

Here is the link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/358034290968297/#!/groups/358034290968297/

If that doesn't work I would search on facebook - University of Illinois Speech Pathology Admitted 2013 (really long...so sorry!)

Sleep on it!  It never hurts to take a day or two, it's a big decision.  I know the feeling though - I keep going back and forth.........

Thanks I will! After calming down and thinking about this I still think Radford is the best because of its location, tuition and cost of living, but I still will sleep on this and not make a final decision until at least tomorrow. 

Congrats Tay1991! I also consider location, tuition, and cost of living to be the most important factors in my decision. Definitely sleep on it. I am glad to see waitlists turning into more acceptances! Gives me hope.

Tay1991, do you know if your waitlist was ranked or not? Also, how long did it take from your waitlist notification to your acceptance?

To the person that asked how long I have, the e-mail actually did not say but I assume it is until April 15th.

I have no idea if the wait list was ranked or not. I first heard from them in the middle of February and was notified that the accepted students had until April 15th to decide, so they must be pulling off the list early.

Just throwing in my 2 cents about how absolutely emotionally draining this whole process is. Never in my life have I ever wanted to be in school so badly. Even though I know the grad school road ahead is a tough one...not being in school and feeling my life wasting away is even worse. I'm going to be 28 this summer and I was hoping to be done w/ grad school by age 30 (just my own personal timeline). Of course life isn't perfect. I was an out of field student (psych degree) so I began USF's post bacc turned 2nd BS Communication Disorders program. I completed this degree last summer. I applied to numerous grad schools since 2010 as an out of field student. This was my first application season having the actual degree. I have been rejected and waitlisted in the past. This whole waiting game is the most agonzing thing to endure ever! Not to mention the GRE is my nemesis so my stats aren't superb but I have excellent work experience and a decent GPA.  :unsure: Has anyone else heard from Southern Illinois University? I was told notifications would go out starting last Monday and I have yet to hear anything.

Applied: UNI, SIUC, ETSU, WCU

Waitlisted: WCU (assumed)

Rejected: UNI

Congratulations on your UT admission. You have some great schools to pick from.  

Have you heard back from OUHSC about a scholarship?  I have not.  

Just throwing in my 2 cents about how absolutely emotionally draining this whole process is. Never in my life have I ever wanted to be in school so badly. Even though I know the grad school road ahead is a tough one...not being in school and feeling my life wasting away is even worse. I'm going to be 28 this summer and I was hoping to be done w/ grad school by age 30 (just my own personal timeline). Of course life isn't perfect. I was an out of field student (psych degree) so I began USF's post bacc turned 2nd BS Communication Disorders program. I completed this degree last summer. I applied to numerous grad schools since 2010 as an out of field student. This was my first application season having the actual degree. I have been rejected and waitlisted in the past. This whole waiting game is the most agonzing thing to endure ever! Not to mention the GRE is my nemesis so my stats aren't superb but I have excellent work experience and a decent GPA.  :unsure: Has anyone else heard from Southern Illinois University? I was told notifications would go out starting last Monday and I have yet to hear anything.

I haven't heard anything either. People received an email of acceptance last week, but I haven't heard anything about wait lists or rejections yet, so who knows where they are at in the process.

It is excruciating.  I turned 30 this year, so I understand your timeline.  I'm married and settled, and was basically waiting on grad school to start trying for a baby, so not getting in would not only be devastating scholastically for me, but emotionally as well 

I'm convinced my acceptance to UT has something to do with my 10 years of professional (out of field) experience prior to applying.  Your age translates well to experience, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!

It is excruciating. I turned 30 this year, so I understand your timeline. I'm married and settled, and was basically waiting on grad school to start trying for a baby, so not getting in would not only be devastating scholastically for me, but emotionally as well

I'm convinced my acceptance to UT has something to do with my 10 years of professional (out of field) experience prior to applying. Your age translates well to experience, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!

I'm thrilled that this worked out for you! Everything is falling into place :).

Accepted to University of Alabama! I have no idea how to make a decision....

Did you have a top choice coming into this process? If not, is there anything that really excites/intrigues you about a program?

Congratulations on your UT admission. You have some great schools to pick from.  

Have you heard back from OUHSC about a scholarship?  I have not.  

Thank you!  I have a really tough choice to make.  

I have not heard anything from OUHSC about that....  I'll let you know if I do!