2013 SLP Admissions Thread!

Do we need to use connectcarolina to view our status? Or would it be the same on ApplyYourself?

I think it is the same, but maybe someone who checked both CC and AY can tell us if one status changed before the other one did? 

Holy cow, I didn't know carolina switched from "studentcentral.unc.edu" to this new connect carolina ... things change when you've been away for 6 years... Connect Carolina is SO much better than the old student central site.  Wow! 

Yeah, my decision is still "not yet available."  Patiently (or impatiently, but quietly) waiting. :-) 

OH yes - when I got to UNC we still had StudentCentral and I didn't realize how terrible it was until we got Connect Carolina! The biggest difference was getting to register for all your classes in one click instead of quickly rushing and doing it one at a time during your registration time! Oh the good ol' days ;)

Looks like we're applying to a lot of the same schools! I was thinking of doing ECU and Western too but I pretty much ran out of money for the application costs haha.  I really love NC though :) Having a hard time imagining living anywhere else...

I think it is the same, but maybe someone who checked both CC and AY can tell us if one status changed before the other one did?

Since I'm not an alum, I would have to make a guest ID to check, and I truly don't want to do that unless it's beneficial in some way.

Do we need to use connectcarolina to view our status? Or would it be the same on ApplyYourself?

My decision was posted on Connect Carolina and there's nothing on ApplyYourself currently so that's where I'd look.  I wouldn't have even thought to do that but the professor who called last week said that's where it would be posted!

Since I'm not an alum, I would have to make a guest ID to check, and I truly don't want to do that unless it's beneficial in some way.

Oh I didn't think about that. I'm honestly not too sure then :/

hey there! I've been reading this thread for awhile and thought I'd join in now that decisions are finally being sent out. The wait is driving me crazy and I can't stop checking my email! I was wondering if anyone here applied to St. Xavier or Governors State University and if you've received any information from them. I haven't so much as gotten an email saying they have my application :/  

HA, in student central, I was a master.  If I was going to register for 6 classes, I would open 6 student central windows, enter the call number for each class in one window and hit submit, go to the next (without waiting for the first one to complete or confirm), etc. I also prioritized - for the more general / liberal arts classes where getting the time you want would be a challenge, I entered those first.  I actually got ALL of the sections /times I wanted EVERY time I registered except spring of freshman year, doing it this way, and I was done in less than 2 minutes while I heard people screaming up and down the hall about "it kicked me out"! and all kinds of problems they had.  ;-)   Ah, undergrad days.  I miss them!! 

HA, in student central, I was a master.  If I was going to register for 6 classes, I would open 6 student central windows, enter the call number for each class in one window and hit submit, go to the next (without waiting for the first one to complete or confirm), etc. I also prioritized - for the more general / liberal arts classes where getting the time you want would be a challenge, I entered those first.  I actually got ALL of the sections /times I wanted EVERY time I registered except spring of freshman year, doing it this way, and I was done in less than 2 minutes while I heard people screaming up and down the hall about "it kicked me out"! and all kinds of problems they had.  ;-)   Ah, undergrad days.  I miss them!! 

Ahahah I love it!!! That is brilliant - I can honestly say I never thought to do that, thought that would have been hugely helpful....

hopefulslp88: Have you had either of your interviews yet?
My interview at St.Rose was three weeks ago and they told me the I would hear back anywhere from a few days to three weeks. Last week I was interviewed at NYMC and they said we would received decisions in April.

Sorry to be a broken-record about NYU... but two rejections posted thus far today. Still nothing.... no news is good news? I wonder why they've accepted so few people at this point?

Based on past year's results, I really had expected to hear from the University of Minnesota by now.  At least no one else has posted results either - looks like the decisions are just taking a bit longer this year.

Still, hoping to hear something by the end of the week (my status is still "Awaiting Program Decision" in ApplyYourself - I'll have 24 hours yet to wait after they change it to "Decision Made").

Crossing my fingers to hear from Saint Cloud next week, but it could very well be the week after as well.

Oddly enough, this week has been less anxious than last - thank goodness for that.

Sorry to be a broken-record about NYU... but two rejections posted thus far today. Still nothing.... no news is good news? I wonder why they've accepted so few people at this point?

Hahah the nyu situation is starting to become quite frustrating. I'm also hoping no news is good news? I'd say maybe they're mailing acceptances except that one person was accepted through email. So strange.

Based on past year's results, I really had expected to hear from the University of Minnesota by now.  At least no one else has posted results either - looks like the decisions are just taking a bit longer this year.

Still, hoping to hear something by the end of the week (my status is still "Awaiting Program Decision" in ApplyYourself - I'll have 24 hours yet to wait after they change it to "Decision Made").

Crossing my fingers to hear from Saint Cloud next week, but it could very well be the week after as well.

Oddly enough, this week has been less anxious than last - thank goodness for that.

Ahhhh I am also from the TC and waiting to hear from the U. I just checked my applyyourself and it has changed to "final review." Cue obsessive checking. 

Oh god, I just checked -- me too!  That's got to mean this week, right?

Ugh, I just checked & no change.  I'm thinking that isn't good news.

I was expecting to not get in, though - the U is definitely a reach for me.  At least I hadn't gotten super hopeful.

did one of you mention that you did the suny new paltz online post bac program? If so, I have some questions about it! let me know!

Hi I was the one who mentioned SUNY new paltz - in the process of finishing up their post bac pgm.  Feel free to message me - I think there is some way to send emails on this site?

Got a rejection email from NYU this morning.  I got an acceptance from UNC-Chapel Hill last week - odd b/c I was expecting acceptance from NYU and rejection from UNC! I have given up trying to figure any of it out.

Has anyone heard from the University of West Georgia?  I received an e-mail exactly two weeks ago saying that they would select and contact applicants for interviews in the next (last) two weeks. 

Thanks!