2013 SLP Admissions Thread!

Just got accepted to the Med SLP program at the University of Washington. AHHH I am freaking out. 

Accepted: UW (MED), UMN-TC, BU, Emerson, Rush, GWU, MGH

Rejected:

Waitlisted: 

I'm out of upvotes, but +1! So many amazing options.

Yeah, it's a bummer. It was a "reach" school but at this point, which schools aren't reach schools? Hopefully one of the other two come through. We were planning on leaving the PacNW if he didn't get into UW, anyway, so at least our moving boxes won't go to waste.  <_<

I'm sorry, caterpillar. I hope California brings you some good news!

So anyone else heard from UCF I saw ppl started posting rejects and I only saw like one acceptance :(

I wouldn't stress about that too much, the one person who got accepted was for Summer 2013, and one of the people who got rejected said their application was incomplete :/

After two weeks of nadaa, I got an email from the University of Vermont today - got in!! So psyched although it looks like they didn't offer any funding either.  

I'm so frustrated though because it looks like James Madison has started announcing and it won't let me login to the portal! I'm hoping thing will start working soon and I can see the decision on that one too - fingers crossed!!! AHHHH

I'm so excited for everyone on here, by the way - checking these boards has become a daily thing for me and I love it when people get happy news :) .  For those of you who haven't heard back yet, keep your chin up - it won't be long now!!!

Congrats on UVM!

As for JMU, from what I can tell it seems like the only people that have heard back are the ones that applied to their distance program. At least, I've been obsessively checking my status on MyMadison and it still just says complete. But I really wish they'd let us know right now!

Hi everybody! I'm new to the forum and just wanted to introduce myself.

I'm currently a master's student in English (teaching ESL), as well as a post-bacc student in Speech-Language Pathology.

I decided to apply a little late in the game, so my options were limited, but I wanted to try and start a program in the fall if at all possible.

I've applied to Nova's online program and CSUEB. 

Best of luck to everyone who is still waiting patiently on those acceptances :)

Edited by Pipernic

Congrats Erock! Looks like you are gonna have quite the choice to make! Are you still waiting to hear back from many schools?

Thanks! UW is seriously a dream school, and I didn't expect that I would actually be able to get in. I was seriously confused with the CSDCAS system and thought I had missed a bunch of deadlines (as it took a painstakingly long time for them to verify my app), so I ended up applying to way more schools that I anticipated. I was also thoroughly freaked out by how competitive these programs are, especially coming from out of field, so I thought the more I can afford to apply to the better. In any case, UW is definitely at the top of my list, with two others as good back-up options. THe last schools I am antsy to hear from are Vanderbilt and U Iowa. What a crazy process, best of luck to everyone as you continue to hear back. I plan on declining offers to schools I will definitely not attend ASAP to free up those waitlists. 

After two weeks of nadaa, I got an email from the University of Vermont today - got in!! So psyched although it looks like they didn't offer any funding either.  

I'm so frustrated though because it looks like James Madison has started announcing and it won't let me login to the portal! I'm hoping thing will start working soon and I can see the decision on that one too - fingers crossed!!! AHHHH

I'm so excited for everyone on here, by the way - checking these boards has become a daily thing for me and I love it when people get happy news :) .  For those of you who haven't heard back yet, keep your chin up - it won't be long now!!!

Congrats!! I applied to UVM as well and haven't heard anything yet :( I am from VT originally, and LOVE Burlington -- if you go it'll be a super fun place to live with great people! Do you mind me asking if they mentioned anything about further notices? Congrats again!!

Congrats on UVM!

As for JMU, from what I can tell it seems like the only people that have heard back are the ones that applied to their distance program. At least, I've been obsessively checking my status on MyMadison and it still just says complete. But I really wish they'd let us know right now!

Thank you!!!! So after trying to sign in repeatedly I actually switched browsers and then it worked (probably the only I've ever been happy after using Internet Explorer haha)..... anyway, I got in!!!!!!!!  Definitely keep checking!!! It says I've been accepted provisionally and they'll mail me a letter saying what those provisions are.  Hoping it's not too intense!  

Let me know when you hear back! Fingers crossed!!!!

Congrats!! I applied to UVM as well and haven't heard anything yet :( I am from VT originally, and LOVE Burlington -- if you go it'll be a super fun place to live with great people! Do you mind me asking if they mentioned anything about further notices? Congrats again!!

Thank you!!

I hope you hear back soon... they didn't really say anything about further notices. I was told exactly which classes I have to complete before I can actually go, and it said nothing about funding (which I assume means there will be none?) but that's about it.

That's good to know about Burlington! I got to visit a month ago and walked around campus (it was literally the coldest day of the year when I went... something like 40 below zero? so all I could think about was how freezing I was haha) but it definitely seems like such a close-knit community, and so pretty too! And the faculty really seemed pretty awesome too. Would that be your first choice if you get in?

To the poster asking about Marquette- I got my official letter on Thursday with information about my assistantship as well.

Man...I'd hoped that the delay meant I'd still gotten funding.  Oh well!  Thank you!

Thank you!!

I hope you hear back soon... they didn't really say anything about further notices. I was told exactly which classes I have to complete before I can actually go, and it said nothing about funding (which I assume means there will be none?) but that's about it.

That's good to know about Burlington! I got to visit a month ago and walked around campus (it was literally the coldest day of the year when I went... something like 40 below zero? so all I could think about was how freezing I was haha) but it definitely seems like such a close-knit community, and so pretty too! And the faculty really seemed pretty awesome too. Would that be your first choice if you get in?

I've definitely been stressing over finances .. MGH didn't mention any scholarships so I assume I didn't get any there. Right now MGH is my top choice as I live in Boston already, but if UVM comes at me with something great financially, it would be hard to turn away. I also would love to get back to Vermont at some point :) If I wind up going that way, I'll be sure to check in with you to see what you've decided!

Thank you!!!! So after trying to sign in repeatedly I actually switched browsers and then it worked (probably the only I've ever been happy after using Internet Explorer haha)..... anyway, I got in!!!!!!!!  Definitely keep checking!!! It says I've been accepted provisionally and they'll mail me a letter saying what those provisions are.  Hoping it's not too intense!  

Let me know when you hear back! Fingers crossed!!!!

Mine still just says complete :(. I'm starting to get worried... It seems like not many people have been rejected yet, so I'm worried that if it doesn't say accepted it means I was rejected. But trying to stay positive, fingers crossed.

I hope I wind up with the ability to choose at the end of this.

Me too. I'm so anxious because I haven't been accepted anywhere yet, and I keep seeing people that have been accepted to so many places, including places I've applied and haven't heard back from yet.