2013 SLP Admissions Thread!

SLPtoBEwee, I noticed that you applied to OU. I did as well! Do you happen to know about when we can expect to hear back from them? By the way, congrats on your acceptances to UT and TU. 
SLP2B, thanks!! OU has been totally silent! But someone else on here said they called them and they were told decisions would not go out until after spring break...so that probably means late March?!? Still a while to wait! :-/ Good luck! If I hear anything from them I will be sure to post in here!!

Hi, AMarie! I'd definitely treat the ODU visit like an interview--dress nicely, come prepared with questions, and dazzle them with your enthusiasm and knowledge about the field.

As for the USF prereq, does Utah State U offer a neuroanatomy course? (I don't know the cost, but it's worth checking out if you haven't already!) Or maybe Longwood, Radford, or Northern Virginia Community College?

Oh, and I would love to read more about your experience with UVA's program. Can I message you later with a few questions?

Yeah of course you ask me any questions that you'd like :) If I don't know the answer I can find out for you or put you in touch with someone who can

Has anyone heard from Southern Miss? I called and they said that there are about 200 people on the wait list.  Was just wondering if anyone was planning on rejecting their offer of admission.

Anybody else apply to East Tennessee? I'm hoping to hear from them this week!

I'm waiting for East Tennessee State university too! Did they say anything that would indicate hearing from them this week? Looking at last year's stats, it seems like we could hear from them anytime during March through April :/  My application status still reads: Referred

Good Luck!

I am also waiting on USF. Do you think we will be hearing something this week?

jmarti37, I got an e-mail from USF saying they are making final decisions now. The only reason I got the e-mail is because they wanted to check to make sure I had plans for taking Neuroanatomy (haha oops!) The e-mail didn't say when the decisions would be sent out, but I'm hoping for later this week! 

I'm waiting for East Tennessee State university too! Did they say anything that would indicate hearing from them this week? Looking at last year's stats, it seems like we could hear from them anytime during March through April :/  My application status still reads: Referred

Good Luck!

Nope I haven't heard anything from them.  I was just looking at last year's results and it looks like things started going out this time last year, so I'm just keeping my fingers crossed!  Good luck to you!

jmarti37, I got an e-mail from USF saying they are making final decisions now. The only reason I got the e-mail is because they wanted to check to make sure I had plans for taking Neuroanatomy (haha oops!) The e-mail didn't say when the decisions would be sent out, but I'm hoping for later this week!

Was it an email response to your question, or a mass email?

I think there was one other person on this thread who had also applied to Saint Cloud - I know it's early, but have you heard anything yet?  I'm expecting a letter late this week or early next...but the SCSU website says that they notify via email and post.  The results forum only lists post notifications from previous years, so I don't know if the email notification is new or if the Speech Department just doesn't do that.

Waiting, waiting, waiting ... anyone else already collecting moving boxes? :ph34r:

Yep! Though I'm hoping the climate and the fact that we're getting 8 inches of snow today will deter enough people from accepting to Wisconsin and I'll get off the waiting list! :P

This is my second time applying and I am starting to get super nervous. This past year I have worked as an SLP in a small school district with a temporary license, and the experience has been soooo great, but I am hoping my schools I apply to look at my application more than just my GPA and GRE. It frustrates me when that is all the look at. I am ready to get my schooling done so I can start settling down somewhere, but its hard when you don't know where you will be in the next few years.

SLP2B, thanks!! OU has been totally silent! But someone else on here said they called them and they were told decisions would not go out until after spring break...so that probably means late March?!? Still a while to wait! :-/ Good luck! If I hear anything from them I will be sure to post in here!!

Ok, thanks! That's helpful to know. Good luck to you too! 

Was it an email response to your question, or a mass email?

I hadn't asked them any question- I hadn't contacted them since I applied on Jan 20. They sent that e-mail yesterday morning to me personally, which is why I feel like decisions may be coming soon....but then again, we all know that decisions are coming "soon" haha. But whether that means this week, next week, or some other week....I have no clue. 

Edited by AMarie

Edit: nevermind! I reread your post and I see that they were asking you a question. My reading comp. is so low lol.

Edited by jmarti37

TalkItOut, I know I shared a little info with you about UT and Austin, but not the program specifically.... I never visited those facilities when I was in undergrad there, so I'm sorry I can't share more info!  It just dawned on me that I should have asked you about Northwestern and the facilities/program/etc there since you are currently there!  Do you mind sharing any info with me?  The good, bad, etc?  Would love to hear your opinion! And if you have any questions about Austin or UT generally, I am happy to help out with that :)