2013 SLP Admissions Thread!

Just found this site and am so glad I am not the only person going crazy waiting for grad school admission results!  I'm not expecting to hear from the rest of my schools until at least a week from now and I'm supposed to be studying for finals...it's never been so hard to concentrate before!

University at Nebraska Kearney applicants are starting to get notified...apparently someone got in today!

Are you waiting to hear back from them? If so, good luck!!!

I haven't, but I talked with one of the professors on the phone quite a bit. Unfortunately, my fall was pretty crazy on the work front, so I didn't get to make any visits. :-(  I am hoping to do some post-acceptance trips, if I'm lucky enough to have more than one acceptance to pick from.

Well, your stats are phenomenal, so I know you're all set on that front!

I think anywhere on your list will be great.

Are you waiting to hear back from them? If so, good luck!!!

Yes, I am expecting something from UNK, but I'm not really too concerned about it. At this rate, I may be on the wailist or otherwise...but no worries! it is a bit far for me to attend... so we'll see. I have a closer acceptance in any case.

I also got an interview request today. I don't want to share the names of my schools. But, when I do decide on a school, I'll let you all know. :)

You will NOT be freaking out because you will be enjoying that music festival as you should! You've had a tough week and deserve a break from all this stress so no checking! I hope you see good news AFTER the music festival so you can end this week right.  :)

Aw thank you! Hopefully I will have something exciting to share :)

Yes, good luck!

Also I think that acceptance might be travlnguy's (sp.?)? Congrats!

I think it is because the description sounded like him and he is the only one that I can think of that applied to NE-Kearney. If so, congrats! And good luck to everyone that may hear results tomorrow :)

Aw thank you! Hopefully I will have something exciting to share :)

Waiting is torture. I almost wish they hadn't told us when it was coming! Especially because in my brain, I'm waiting for a sure rejection. 

Yes, good luck!

Also I think that acceptance might be travlnguy's (sp.?)? Congrats!

Yes. That was me that posted. Omaha was my top choice school. My wife loves the Nebraska and Minnesota areas. We are really happy about this. I am still waiting to hear back from a school in Minnesota and see if I get bumped off the waitlist at Omaha.

Well, your stats are phenomenal, so I know you're all set on that front!

I think anywhere on your list will be great.

Thanks, you are too kind.  I think I will be happy with any of the schools I applied to, so it may really come down to financial aid, but I want to visit before committing anywhere. I'm somewhat worried about making short-notice travel plans, though!

On another note, I am belated in giving my congrats to those of you who've gotten acceptances recently! I've been busy at work and have had TGC fatigue the past few days.

I'm thinking encouraging thoughts for everyone else... this may be a big week!

Got my first acceptance. Really does take the weight off of one's shoulders. Good luck to everyone still waiting.

Awesome! :) Congratulations! I had a feeling it'd be you! :) Best of Luck with your Nebraska/ Minnesota decisions.

No.  I was very sad to see that I had NO mail today.  I was looking online at apts in Nashville this morning (dare to dream!) - WOW it can be expensive!

it is my DREAM to end up there- it's a bit of a long shot (okay maybe more than a bit) but.. i just want to hear back already!! getting so impatient!  i'm in love with Nashville. 

Blehhh, i'm SO anxious to hear back from some more schools, hopefully in the next few days! As much as I wanna go outside and enjoy the spring weather (it's finally going to hit the high 80s & low 90s this week!), it'll be hard to pull myself away from my computer and mailbox :( 

Blehhh, i'm SO anxious to hear back from some more schools, hopefully in the next few days! As much as I wanna go outside and enjoy the spring weather (it's finally going to hit the high 80s & low 90s this week!), it'll be hard to pull myself away from my computer and mailbox :(

For some reason, I thought you were all decided on UNC-CH! Since you're not, I'll be wishing you luck this week!

Thanks, jmarti! I'm sending good luck your way, too! :D 

I've pretty much narrowed my top choices to either UNC or a school in Texas (that is very competitive, so idk if i even have a chance of acceptance).  I'm mostly just curious, and I want to wait until I hear from the remaining 75% of my schools and have some financial info before committing.

I made the mistake of searching through the results regarding the school I'm waiting to hear from tomorrow. It seems like there's a wide range (3.3's accepted, 3.8's rejected) so I'm feeling so unsure! Blah this sucks.

I made the mistake of searching through the results regarding the school I'm waiting to hear from tomorrow. It seems like there's a wide range (3.3's accepted, 3.8's rejected) so I'm feeling so unsure! Blah this sucks.

This will be your week, I can feel it! I'm really hoping for the best for you tomorrow with FSU results! Hopefully we all have something to celebrate :)

This will be your week, I can feel it! I'm really hoping for the best for you tomorrow with FSU results! Hopefully we all have something to celebrate :)

I'm hoping you have luck too! Who knows, maybe we'll both be in Tallahassee next fall. 

Just remember that those numbers really don't mean much! It seems like a good sign that the adcomm takes more than just stats into consideration-- they pay attention to all of your extracurricular efforts, letters of rec, etc :) I agree that the anticipation is terrible, though, especially since your school gave such a specific notification time :/