bitter

mylstisr

i'm pretty upset and anxious and i can't really do ANYTHING until i have a response from every single school. i'm practically frozen at the moment. 2 rejections, at least another 5 expected rejections, so that leaves 4 potentially positive responses. but until i get at least 1 positive response, i'm going to continue being a mess.

2 rejections in two weeks.

i am bitter, is anyone else bitter?

Mai--7 in three. I'm not bitter. I'm just trying to re-evaluate my life. I'm trying to figure out if my life is really defined by academia...or if academia is just a smaller part of who I am. Quite the 1/4 life crisis :roll:

Oh. I've been bitter for several weeks now. I just want to end it all and call my remaining two schools and demand my rejection letter that is probably sitting on someone's desk.

I feel your pain. This process sucks :(

Two rejections in three days here. And the biggest blow about a week prior. Yeah, I'm feeling bitter and lost and unmotivated to make it through the rest of this semester--but I suppose that would really kill my chances in the future, eh?

I get one official rejection last week(ish) and I'm a basket case. First, the letter was sent to my mother; but I found out online. Then my computer gets an email update and I get a copy of the letter in my email. Only then does my mother mail me the fucking official letter - which is on my doorstep as we speak and I can't bring myself to pick it up.

I have been officially rejected by SUNY Binghamton four times in the last two weeks. It's haunting me in the waking hours...

:shock:

Two rejections in three days here. And the biggest blow about a week prior. Yeah, I'm feeling bitter and lost and unmotivated to make it through the rest of this semester--but I suppose that would really kill my chances in the future, eh?

That's tough still being in classes and getting rejections. At least I'm a year out of school, working a day job, so I don't have the nagging question of "WHY am I studying for this test/doing this homework if I'm not getting into grad school anyway?!"

I know words are only worth so much, but hang in there, dude.

Hah! 5 rejections in 1 week. :( 3 of those in 24 hours. :shock: 2 of those within 30 minutes! :cry: Recieved by email while I was at work.

Let's just say it wasn't a good day.

I'm surprisingly unbitter though, mostly because I'm still employed. At least I know the worst is over, because at most I can only get 3 more rejections. And I still have hope that there may be an acceptance in there.

There may also be for you, OP, and everyone else feeling down this week. Just hang on a bit longer!

Hah! 5 rejections in 1 week. :( 3 of those in 24 hours. :shock: 2 of those within 30 minutes! :cry: Recieved by email while I was at work.

Let's just say it wasn't a good day.

I'm surprisingly unbitter though, mostly because I'm still employed. At least I know the worst is over, because at most I can only get 3 more rejections. And I still have hope that there may be an acceptance in there.

There may also be for you, OP, and everyone else feeling down this week. Just hang on a bit longer!

Excuse my ignorance, but what's OP?

Also, your rejections record sounds particularly awful. My empathies.

That sucks. Have you heard back from Columbia? Or will You just head to UW-M?

no news on columbia yet. and whenever i ask, they are increasingly vague.

it went from "you'll hear soon" to "you'll hear in march" to "you'll hear in the next couple of weeks" to "you'll hear in a few weeks (today)"

I mean, i'm not harassing them because my friend has also applied and she's been inquiring as well.

no news on columbia yet. and whenever i ask, they are increasingly vague.

it went from "you'll hear soon" to "you'll hear in march" to "you'll hear in the next couple of weeks" to "you'll hear in a few weeks (today)"

I mean, i'm not harassing them because my friend has also applied and she's been inquiring as well.

We will stick with no news is good news then. I am still waiting on them myself.

Another two cents through my signature (translated) : What is a life without an impossible dream to pursue?

All the best guys!

"Gatsby believed in the green light, the orgiastic future that year by year recedes before us. It eluded us then, but that's no matter--tomorrow we will run faster, stretch out our arms farther.... And one fine morning--"

It's definitely easier to get through a day of work with that green light on somewhere out there...of course, I know it ended bad for Gatsby, but isn't it always bad when it ends?

Definitely. I echo what frankdux says. I feel like I can't plan my next steps, and that's just another layer of frustration. I was rejected by my own alma mater - I guess they don't regard their own curriculum and professors' recommendations too highly ;). that one REALLY stung! I, too, am still waiting for that acceptance. This year, especially, I feel like a wait-list is equivalent to a 'no.' :(

"Gatsby believed in the green light, the orgiastic future that year by year recedes before us. It eluded us then, but that's no matter--tomorrow we will run faster, stretch out our arms farther.... And one fine morning--"

It's definitely easier to get through a day of work with that green light on somewhere out there...of course, I know it ended bad for Gatsby, but isn't it always bad when it ends?

bahaha...thanks for that uplifting remark. ;)

I only applied to three schools and got rejected by two of the other ones last week.

But I got into my number one so I'm happy. I'm more pissed off that it took them four months to tell me and that they jerked me around for so damn long. This ish really is NOT rocket science. You either want someone or you don't.

I HATTEE when people waste my time.

I only applied to three schools and got rejected by two of the other ones last week.

But I got into my number one so I'm happy. I'm more pissed off that it took them four months to tell me and that they jerked me around for so damn long. This ish really is NOT rocket science. You either want someone or you don't.

...but...since you got in...they didn't really waste your time....

:mrgreen:

Congrats!