Harvard

VAN144

No, VAN144, I haven't heard anything since the phone interview!  And singasong, I'm not sure if they've all been extended - it might depend on what area you're applying to.  GOOD LUCK everybody!

I haven't heard, but I don't really expect to.  I applied to the developmental program specifically, and my POI mentioned that it seemed very unlikely that developmental would get the opportunity to accept new students this year because their admissions system gives priority to smaller programs first, and developmental is the biggest.

I haven't heard, but I don't really expect to.  I applied to the developmental program specifically, and my POI mentioned that it seemed very unlikely that developmental would get the opportunity to accept new students this year because their admissions system gives priority to smaller programs first, and developmental is the biggest.

I was also told by my POI (in developmental) that she would be unable to accept students this year.

& I do believe that interview invitations have been extended, though I'm not 100% sure.

I was also told by my POI (in developmental) that she would be unable to accept students this year.

& I do believe that interview invitations have been extended, though I'm not 100% sure.

That's such a bummer!  I guess I still had a little hope.  Oh, well.

When I emailed earlier this week, an administrative person in the department said, "We should have our final decisions at the beginning of March, or late in the day on the last day of February." <-- which is tomorrow...

Crossing my fingers for everybody.  Really looking forward to NOT waiting for this anymore, regardless of how it turns out!

• 2 weeks later...

I still haven't heard anything yet, either, so I thought I would try to revive this. When I interviewed at the very end of January, he said that the faculty was going to meet and create a list of the candidates they selected on the 14th of February and then send that list over to the GSAS for approval. Perhaps things were delayed by the snow storm that week or by funding changes? Any news would be much appreciated (since I'm freaking out)!