Light at the End of the Tunnel?

Leahlearns

I haven't gotten in anywhere yet. I have two more schools that I'm waiting to hear from. (I only applied to four. However, I would be happy to attend any of them.) However, it seems extremely likely that this will all be over by the end of this week. Either I'll be in or I won't. The second possibility will mean that I will have to go back to the drawing board. But, you know what? At least I will be in a position to take control again. The fact that this state of not knowing, and not feeling as if I'm able to move forward/make any plans until I know, will probably be over by next week at this time is what's keeping me going at this point. Thank God for that.

That's how I have been processing this whole situation over the past month.

THIS WILL ALL BE OVER SOON.

The waiting is horrible. I am still waiting on 4 schools and, as the days pass without word, I am thinking they will be more rejections.

I do have an acceptance, so it is easier for me than a lot of people on these boards who are waiting and waiting.

I like your attitude! :)

i just got my 3rd rejection a few minutes ago.

OP, look on the bright side. if you get straight across the board rejections, at least you'll only have been rejected by 4 schools. if i get straight across the board rejections, as i'm predicting, it will be a painful ELEVEN!

I completely agree! I cannot wait until this is all in my hands again, even though that most likely means trying again. I hopefully will know everything by sometime next week (except my waitlist - which I have given up hope on) and I cannot wait. If I have to re-apply I think I'm going to look at the pre-submission part differently than I did this time, because I get to control it.

...Ok, so maybe I won't, but it's nice to dream. :)

It's over. I have heard from all four schools. Rejected at three, in at one, but that's all I needed. OVER, OVER, OVER. I am so happy.

I applied to MA programs because I thought I needed to build more credentials in order to have a decent shot at getting into a Ph.D program. I don't know that I'll necessarily take the Ph.D route, although I am very seriously considering it. But,the prospect of going through this all again in 2010 (not so very far away) has me tired already. Not to say it wouldn't be worth it---

It's over. I have heard from all four schools. Rejected at three, in at one, but that's all I needed. OVER, OVER, OVER. I am so happy.

I applied to MA programs because I thought I needed to build more credentials in order to have a decent shot at getting into a Ph.D program. I don't know that I'll necessarily take the Ph.D route, although I am very seriously considering it. But,the prospect of going through this all again in 2010 (not so very far away) has me tired already. Not to say it wouldn't be worth it---

Congratulations on getting in! Go and celebrate. Don't worry about 2010 yet! You've (more than) earned a break. :)

Thanks! Best of luck to you as well.

I'm not that worried about 2010. But, I had no idea that this process would be so dragged out and I hadn't expected to feel as stressed as I ended up feeling. It'll just be so nice to just live completely in the present for a year. It seems that people often look back on this time of their lives with fondness, but at the moment I am very eager to get to a point where my life is more stable/ I'm moving around less, even though I realize my ability to move around/explore has also been a result of privilege. Maybe I'm stupid to think that grad school is a step in that direction, but I sure hope so.