Haven't heard from... well, lots of places

Ugh. I just tried to call UVA but no one picked up.  Metaphor=real life.

Well post here if/when you hear anything and I'll do the same.  Maybe if we try tag teaming the department, one of us will wriggle an actual decsion out of them.

Congrats, RadioactiveD! Im still waiting to hear from Ole Miss. Maybe this means they will soon be letting others know.

Thanks for the kind words, and I wish you the best of luck. Let me know if you get in. Not sure where I'm headed just yet, but it very well may be there. 

Does anyone have ANY idea what is going on with Boulder? I mean, it's been over a month since they sent out acceptances--It's safe to assume this is a rejection, right?

I'm not quite sure what's going on with their PhD apps because I applied to the MA, but I do know that most of the graduate staff there is pretty good at communicating so if you were to e-mail you could probably find out.

Also, I finally got my Maryland rejection today.

Does anyone have ANY idea what is going on with Boulder? I mean, it's been over a month since they sent out acceptances--It's safe to assume this is a rejection, right?

I'm wondering as well since I was under the impression we'd all hear by March 15th. I just emailed Paul Youngquist (DGS) so I'll let you know what I find out.

I am coming out from lurking to join this thread. I am still waiting on Georgia State. I feel like it would be a good fit for me and I have connections in Atlanta that would make it a very attractive place to live. But I noticed that there are several acceptances already posted. I am getting so impatient and just want to know where I am going and move on. But I am holding out for that last school even though I am afraid that it isn't looking good.

Patience is not a virtue that I possess.

tie:

Have you checked the website we got the link to after applying?  That was how I found out I was in; I still haven't gotten anything from the English Department.

https://webdb.gsu.edu/applicantstatus/?refresh=true

Thanks, Datatape. I have checked and it says "No Decision at this Time." So maybe there is hope?

tie:

Have you checked the website we got the link to after applying?  That was how I found out I was in; I still haven't gotten anything from the English Department.

I hope you checked with the department for confirmation.  My online app for one schools says that I've been admitted to the PhD program with full funding, however an email from the department informed me that I have been admitted to their MA program with no funding.  I confirmed with the DGS who informed me, with deepest apologies for the mixup, that I am in fact only admitted to the MA program.

Yes, I emailed the DGS, who was apologetic about the fact that nothing had been sent.  GSU has not yet given the English Department their final budget for the year, which means they have no idea how many students they can admit with funding versus without funding.  I did get an email from the graduate school, but I don't know that I would have necessarily gotten anything from the English Department if I hadn't emailed.

I am coming out from lurking to join this thread. I am still waiting on Georgia State. I feel like it would be a good fit for me and I have connections in Atlanta that would make it a very attractive place to live. But I noticed that there are several acceptances already posted. I am getting so impatient and just want to know where I am going and move on. But I am holding out for that last school even though I am afraid that it isn't looking good.

Patience is not a virtue that I possess.

Hey there, go on their site. They posted decisions there. I haven't gotten an official letter yet, and FYI: they're taking FOREVER on deciding about funding. Very frustrating. Good luck.

tie:

DataTape, how good is GSU in English? I also got into fAU an UCF in Fla, and I wonder who'd be best reputation-wise (for literature). Thanks.

DataTape, how good is GSU in English? I also got into fAU an UCF in Fla, and I wonder who'd be best reputation-wise (for literature). Thanks.

It depends on what you want to do.  GSU overall has the best reputation, but I went to UCF for my undergrad and might be able to give you some insight on how strong the department is in what your interests are.  FAU has probably the worst reputation of the three.