Canadian universities Poli Sci 2013 anyone?

Rubee

Thanks for info Matt :)

The 15K at U of T is the guaranteed minimum funding "and usually requires a TAship". They're unclear on how many TAships that means, but they also suggest that you can take on extra TA/RA work and make more than the guarantee. You are only required to be present at the university for one year though, so I don't really know how that works. Personally, I am hoping for SSHRC to pull through, but, like other universities, SSHRC comes out of your guaranteed funding at U of T. Tuition is covered automatically, which is not the case for every program.

I still haven't heard anything from UBC.

I see you're from Vancouver Trudeau, are you attending right now? Which school?

Hi everyone! Congratulations on your admissions guys! Truly well done (especially as it seems to be a very tough year in terms of competition).

I've a question. I made it to the Toronto's waiting list (almost "great success"). Does anybody know if the waiting list is divided into Canadian and international applicants? I mean I wonder if it necessarily should be an international applicant declining his/her offer for me to get mine (as I'm international). 

If anybody knows anything about how their waiting list functions, I'll be very grateful for any comments. 

Any of U of T admits planning on visiting the department?  I'll be visiting March 27th.

I'll likely be visiting from the 31st-2nd, but I'm not certain yet (there's a chance I might simply accept the Chicago offer since I'm leaning heavily in that direction). 

I'll likely be visiting from the 31st-2nd, but I'm not certain yet (there's a chance I might simply accept the Chicago offer since I'm leaning heavily in that direction). 

Congrats on Chicago (and your other admits)!  Great options.  Who do you want to work with at Chicago?

I see you're from Vancouver Trudeau, are you attending right now? Which school?

I graduated with a B.A. from Kwantlen last year. Currently working full time at a law firm and studying my LL.B. part-time through the University of London. Will start M.A. studies at UVic in September and keeping poking away at the LL.B.

A little late to this thread but may as well share:
Applied to SFU, Queen's, UVIC, and UBC for MA in Political Science, focus in Contemporary Political Theory/Gender & Politics:

Heard from SFU February 6th (Full Acceptance)
Heard from Queen's University March 4th (Full Acceptance)
Heard from UVIC March 4th (Full Acceptance)

Heard from UBC March 13th (Full Acceptance)

All great programs with fairly comparable funding (Range of 10k-15k for all of them with guaranteed TAships). Accepted Queen's offer last Wednesday and turned down SFU, UVIC, and UBC yesterday in case anyone is on the wait-list for any of those school. 

Good luck and congrats to everyone!

• 3 weeks later...