Can I get a hug?

nandelle

So this morning I sent an e-mail to first choice school UBC asking when I could expect a decision on my application. I`ve had a stressful work week (2nd grader said she was going to the bathroom, actually ran away from the building, and I had to give a police statement, and her parents were freaking out, etc etc), and I have a bad cold.

I get home, no e-mail response, but I logged into the website to see the two word `not admitted`

Now really, would it have *killed* them to answer my e-mail or give me a human response letting me know I wasn`t it? Even Washington had the decency to send me an e-mail.

Now I have two unfunded acceptances, and 1 more school left...

I really don't want to have to take out crazy loans to pay for my master's degree...so I could use a hug and some reassurance that oregon (my "safety school") will come through for me...

So this morning I sent an e-mail to first choice school UBC asking when I could expect a decision on my application. I`ve had a stressful work week (2nd grader said she was going to the bathroom, actually ran away from the building, and I had to give a police statement, and her parents were freaking out, etc etc), and I have a bad cold.

I get home, no e-mail response, but I logged into the website to see the two word `not admitted`

Now really, would it have *killed* them to answer my e-mail or give me a human response letting me know I wasn`t it? Even Washington had the decency to send me an e-mail.

Now I have two unfunded acceptances, and 1 more school left...

I really don't want to have to take out crazy loans to pay for my master's degree...so I could use a hug and some reassurance that oregon (my "safety school") will come through for me...

aww...<<>....are you a fellow Canadian???

Don't worry you will get tho wher you want to go?

Just curious: you picked some very diverse schools Oregon and Irvin...UBC...why?

also did you apply to York, UofT? They have some great Masters programs as well.

I'm just thinking aloud. Would it be okay for nandelle to contact the DGS at Oregon and tell him/her that "I've been accepted to Minnesota and UCI but without funding. I do not know yet where my application stands against the background of this year's applicant pool at Oregon but if there is the slightest chance that Oregon would be able to offer me a funded position, this is just to let you know that I'd accept the offer in the blink of an eye."

I say this because as everybody knows, funded positions are extremely limited, and it would help if they knew that you would accept their offer for sure.

Thanks guys, I appreciate the support.

No, I'm not Canadian...but I did my undergrad in Canada. The schools were chosen for a variety of reasons...UBC, Minnesota, and Irvine were all recommended by professors of mine. Washington is a top program, so I knew that I didn't stand much of a chance there, but since it's 45 minutes down the road from me, I thought what the hell. Oregon state is a good stats program close to home, which was important for me :-)

Liszt, that's an interesting idea. I don't know how appropriate it would be/if Oregon has already made offers (I e-mailed the grad secretary who has been helping me with the application process, and she said decisions would be sent it "in the first two weeks of march") and I just haven't received mine yet...but it's true - if they made me a funded offer, I would accept immediately.

I hope all of you get in to all the schools you have left to hear from! :)

(((HUGS)))) nandelle.

I think circulating means it's going around the department being read.

The "even Washington" comment made me laugh. They are not exactly warm and fuzzy--but you're right, at least they've got their ducks in a row enough to send you a notice. It may be that the UBC one is in the mail, or something.

Crossing my fingers for you.