Funded Masters programs in Art History

independentlabel

• 2 weeks later...

I found several schools with tuition waivers after looking at the list of "Need-blind admission" schools on Wikipedia. I personally know that Emory and Notre Dame provide a lot of support for an Art History M.A.

• 2 weeks later...

I went to Hunter for MA, and though they don't advertise it, I wound up receiving most of my tuition for free, but didn't find out until after I accepted the offer.  Also, randomly, money has been coming off the balance of the tuition that I do owe.  I call it "the tuition fairy."

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 years later...

Tulane University (New Orleans) offers full funding for all admitted students in the Art History MA. This covers the cost of tuition as well as living expenses. New Orleans is also a great city to be a grad student in. It's very affordable, has a ton of great events throughout the year, and has a devoted art community. 

I am starting my master's at Hunter in the fall and I received a scholarship award that covers over 60% my tuition. If I was taking three classes instead of two that percentage would be less, but you can apply for in-state tuition after the first year and the award would cover almost everything! If you decide to take only two courses instead of three after your first year the award would cover your tuition entirely. 

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/25/2013 at 12:47 PM, manierata said:

I went to Hunter for MA, and though they don't advertise it, I wound up receiving most of my tuition for free, but didn't find out until after I accepted the offer.  Also, randomly, money has been coming off the balance of the tuition that I do owe.  I call it "the tuition fairy."

@manierata Are you a NY state resident, and, if so, do you think that had an impact on your scholarship package?